POP : bahia principe ????

S

Shira

Hi all,

In a couple of days I'm one of the lucky ones who's going to POP. We're going to the bahia principe hotel. Does anybody knows this hotel???? have u been there? Is it a good hotel??? What about the rooms, the food, the beach, the trips we must take ... and what about the weather?
Any kind of information is welcome

Thanx a lot for your help!

Shira

G

Greg

The Bahia Principe hotel is located in Rio San Juan, approx. one hour away from the POP airport.It is noted for its golf course and is near Playa Grande, a large beautiful beach, For info on the hotel itself, check at <A HREF="http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com">www.debbiesdominicantravel.com</A> for reviews.
Hope this helps and have a nice trip!!

K

KGB

Shira

stayed here for a week in April. Very nice resort. we have already planned a trip back for next year. Very clean tidy and organized. Food is very good with a wide selection of different foods no matter whre you are from. I missed my roast beef and gravy but ate very well. Beach is great size and when we were there the resort was full and still a lot of beaching space was available. You will be right on the beach as well. No walking distance. They have a good entertainment show nightly until 11:00 then you can go to the front of the resort to the disco, karaoke bar etc. I would suggest going on the jeep safari tour as it is the best of the trip. Plantation tour is also pretty good as well. Make sure you go to Playa grande beach. It is with the plantation tour or if there is a few friends go and rent a cab for a few bucks each and go for the day. I did not take but next time a floatation device of some kind is a must at this beach. It is the best they have and is close to the resort. In closing have fun and do not worry about any of the bad things you read about some of the resorts as this is very safe, quiet, great food, beaches etc.

if you have anything specific email and i will answer for you..

Ken

S

Shira

Hi Greg and KGB,

thanx a lot for the help ... I've found a lot of reviews thanx to u greg ... and I'm really looking forward to going there. Only the long flight ... I think it's about 10 hours, and thats long, but I'll survive!
And what about Samana? Have you guys been there? Is it as beautifull as they say?????
Is it true that you can book the excursions outside the resort for a much lower price???? What about the quality of those tours?

I know I look very worried, it's because I've only been to the other side of the world, Asia, Egypt, Sri Lanka, and this is so different for me ...

Anyway ... thanks a lot guys!

shira

B

Bobby

I would recommend booking your trips thru the resort- that way you are guaranteed to get what you paid for.

K

KGB

Shira

Book your tours at the resort then you know what you are getting.
They say there are a lot of phony tours out there. You may pay a few dollars more but you are on a vacation so enjoy it. Did not get to Samana but here it is good. If you are only going for a week as we did you won't have a lot of time if you are beaching as well. 2 weeks is better then you can travel more.

kgb

S

Shira

great guys,thanx a lot! I'm going to enjoy it I think. And we're planning to do only one trip ... thats why I want to make the best choice! Everybody talks about the Jeep safari so ... I think I'm going to do that!
Friday morning I'm leaving!!!!!!!

bye!

Shira