WIFI Connections...

nobodysinn

Jun 29, 2009
I will be traveling to the Mao Valverde area in a week or two. I am debating on whether or not to bring my laptop. I have been trying to search the threads, but I find absolutely NOTHING about wifi connections outside of Santa Domingo.

Does anyone have any idea if I can get a wifi connection in Mao or in Esperanza? If so, where???

Thanks for your help!

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I will be traveling to the Mao Valverde area in a week or two. I am debating on whether or not to bring my laptop. I have been trying to search the threads, but I find absolutely NOTHING about wifi connections outside of Santa Domingo.

Does anyone have any idea if I can get a wifi connection in Mao or in Esperanza? If so, where???

Thanks for your help!

VIVA has wifi plans, maybe they have short plans or pre-paid plans
VIVA
From Mao you can call free 1-809-200-7500

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mao, nice and hot.

When they ask you if you love Mao, be sure to say NO....tu ama a Mao? Oldest joke in the area...

Might have wifi somewhere...

HB

miozio

May 23, 2009
VIVA

click PLANES
SEE INTERJET

WiFi unlimited monthly access RD$1415 seems to be reasonable. Is VIVA one of the biggest operators? Should i get a sim card for my cell from them? Any feedback? This might be off topic but VIVA logo sure looks like Sony VAIO to me, i see there is no copywright law in DR...

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
miozio: I have a pre-paid Viva Celular and so far I am happy with it.
I don't want to have a contract yet....

nobodysinn

Jun 29, 2009
Thanks, everyone! You have given me some great information. I did check out VIVA, but according to their service map, there is no WIFI service in Mao.

Is there any other WIFI service in that area?

Thanks again!