Traveling from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

lito

Jun 30, 2009
Hola...Hello. I'm preparing a trip for 4 of us in August to DR. We'll stay a couple of nights in SD and then we're headed to Punta Cana.

I need information on private transportation (or taxi) that can take all of us from SD to Punta Cana... and then a couple of days later do the return trip since all our flights will be from SD.

Can I get a taxi to do this? How much would it cost? Would the four of us be comfortable during the long ride?

Are there any other options besides taxis? I know there's the Express Bavaro, which I may do, but there's one person traveling with us who would rather go by other means.

Thanks in advance.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Transfer Santo Domingo - Punta Cana

Hi,

I sent you a PM in regards to your question!

badabing

Jun 1, 2008
I can't believe that no one can give us a straight answer on how to get public transport from SD to Punta CAna

lito

Jun 30, 2009
This is the best information that I've read on this forum:

traveling within dr - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

I will do option 1 and take the Expresso Bavaro, we'll just have to be there early enough to secure seats. DR 250 pesos (assuming this is still current) is about $7 or $8 depending on exchange rate, so this is quite affordable and the buses seem quite comfortable. We'll be in SD for a couple of days before we head to PC, so we'll be checking it all out first.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are not clear on the public transportation as posted above, just PM me, and I will copy and paste the stuff I have. Do make allowances for currency fluctuations, but it won't be a lot between now and then..

HB

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Quick question what is the easiest way to get back to SDQ from Punta Cana I'll be at the Barcelo Dominican Beach resort without having to take a taxi off the resort...