Travel From Cabrera to Higuey

Status
Not open for further replies.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
I just wanted to know if there is a way to get to Higuey from Cabrera without going through Santo Domingo by driving. I do have friends in Higuey and every once in a while I would like to drive down. I know going via Santo Domingo would be a long drive. Could someone suggest something. Thanks!:confused:

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Try going via the new Saman? - SD highway and turning left when you get to Las Americas highway, continuing east to Higuey.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
Try going via the new Saman? - SD highway and turning left when you get to Las Americas highway, continuing east to Higuey.
Could you direct me to a map so I can see it online?:confused:
Because I know that Samana is on the North East Coast. Where does it connect to SD???:confused:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It would have to be a recent map because the new toll highway has only been open for about a year.
You would drive eastwards from Cabrera but between Nagua and Sanchez you would turn right (heading southwards) onto the highway instead of continuing to Saman?. At the end of the highway, instead of turning right and continuing west to SD, you turn left and head eastwards to Higuey.

Status
Not open for further replies.