Oh Canada! If I was a drinking man

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would be hoisting a few inhonor of our many friends from and in Canada.

Today is Canada Day, and just like 4 July, it is a special day.

All happiness to you Canuks, Newfies and such....

(Did you hear about the Newfie who called Air Canada Information and asked how long the flight was from Newfoundland to Vancouver?
The operator said: "Just a minute..."

And the Nufie said "Thanks", and hung up....

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
For me, since I dont drink, Timothys coffee and maybe some Poutine LOL

Thanks Hillbilly

Proud to be a Canadian!

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Happy Birthday CANADA..and Happy Canada Day to all Canadians and my Canadian friends YEAH!...first a pool BBQ then a Party at Jolly Rogers and Hideaway..poohpooh I hope I survive LOLOL

Coralia some dutchie

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I would like to be having the Alexander Keith's ale, will trade you a Presidente!!
Thanks for the well wishes for our country's Birthday! We are blessed both here and at home!
Happy Canada Day!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I knew that today is Canada but, to my shame, I didn't know exactly what you guys were celebrating so I looked it up and this is what I found

Canada Day (French: F?te du Canada), formerly Dominion Day (French: Le Jour de la Conf?d?ration), is Canada's national day, a federal statutory holiday, celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867 enactment of the British North America Act of 1867, which united Canada as a single country of four provinces. Canada Day observances take place throughout Canada as well as internationally.

So now I can wish all you Canadians A VERY HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Thanks for the the good wishes! Since we have a big garbage strike, all official celebrations are canceled in Toronto. I'm busy pitting and canning cherries. Just watched the message of our Govenor General (daughter of Hispaniola) commander of our Armed Forces in Afghanistan Governor General of Canada ... Kind of uninspiring to be honest. I think I'll just pour myself some Havana Club, crank up the bachata and contemplate Boschism from afar, maybe catch up on on news about the visa applications in the Legal forum. With the recession, the Sanky forum is really dead, have you noticed that? :) Cheers and Happy Canada Day! ;)

Have you Dominicans ever thought about joining Confederation? We could solve a lot of problems together. ;)

Mar 2, 2008
Viva Quebec libre!

Just kidding. Happy Canada Day.

One of the most memorable and defining events of my life was during the summer of 1967, when my brother and I hitchhiked to Montreal for Expo 67.

Fresh out of high school, and a proud 18, we explored one of the most beautiful cities in the world (at least it was at the time), and one of the best World's Fair ever. We also discovered that the beauty of Montreal (and Canada in general) extended to its women.

A glorious time, and a time that left me with a lasting appreciation of Canada and its people.

Oh, Canada!