Nothing to do - Have moped

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1021

Jul 1, 2009
I'm staying in Cabarete for 5 weeks to kite & surf.

Looking to waste time. I plan to go to Rio San Juan to snorkel, but that's the only idea I have.

Please name ANY place that you recommend that is FRESH. I will have a moped as transportation.

thx in advance.

:bunny:

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I like la boca de yasika. It's very close to Cabarete so easy on a moped. It's where the river Yasika meets the sea, quite rugged and un-spoiled and the fish lunch is great! Any local in Cabarete will point you in the right direction!

M

MRJone

Try this place if you like fresh sea food.

La Casita de Papi (Playa Cabarete, no phone) $$-$$$. Loosely fashioned after a rural Dominican home, this beach-side casita has just six tables on a cozy front porch that serves as the dining area. (If the tables there are taken – reservations aren’t accepted – there’s also a roomier, second-floor seating area.) While French expat Don Papi holds court out front, up to three women at a time turn out scrumptious seafood from the tiny kitchen. Paella is a house specialty; other recommended dishes are shrimp in coconut and anise sauce, the fish dumplings, and the lobster prepared several ways

Last edited by a moderator:

cb1021

Jul 1, 2009
sounds good. will hit there for sure like i said, nothing to do, have moped :).

La Casita de Papi, how much is it for a meal?

Also any recommendations for lunch in Cabarete that is hearty (rice, potatoes, chicken)? Any take-out stands? Need cheap lunch on daily basis.

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
Cheap Good Food

Also any recommendations for lunch in Cabarete that is hearty (rice, potatoes, chicken)? Any take-out stands? Need cheap lunch on daily basis.

If you're looking for great Dominican food try Sandro's. It's next to the Chinese restaurant and across the street from the little grocery story called "The Market". The food is EXCELLENT and a huge lunch of res or pollo guisado (the res is my personal favorite), moro (or rice & beans), salad, and a bottle of water will only set you back 155 pesos (about $4 US).

cb1021

Jul 1, 2009
thanks for recommendations everybody.

do these places have english menu and english speaking staff?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
...as far as food, there have been many threads on restaurants and bars in Sosua and Cabarete. For good, cheap eats, here are a few recommendations:

breakfast: Dick's Panaderia (center of town)

lunch: Parilla Luis (in front of Ocean Dream) Dominican lunch, good variety and very filling for under 100 pesos....ask for "una jarra de aqua" for a free pitcher of water...this place is also great for a grilled chicken dinner...

dinner: happy hour at Lax (on the beach), Los Locos de enfrente, Cafe el Tigre/Juanas, Aquarella (all in El Callejon), Bayerischer Hof (across from Ocean Dream), Restaurant Chino (center of town)

24/7: Hexen Kessel (center of town)

This is just a select few, and only in Cabarete, there are dozens more, especially if you include Sosua...and the roadside "pollo al carbon" places...

Status
Not open for further replies.