Wifi Spots in SD?

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Hey everyone,

I am trying to confirm some wi-fi spots in the city of Santo Domingo.

For those who live here, or are here often here, can you please tell me where you have gone, recently, and been able to access free wi-fi? This could eventually become a helpful list for future travelers or residents.

Mr. Lu

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
The one I can't believe (but certainly take advantage of) is the free wi-fi in La Americas SDQ. At least it was free as of March 30, 2009.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Thank you. The universities have wi-fi, but it is so unreliable. So I need some other spots around the city. I know the Colonial Zone must have, but don't know where.

Mr. Lu

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Most of the malls are wified// Bella Vista, Hollywood for certain. Also lots of hotels such as the Melia and the Jaragua.If you have a pool/gym membership at the Melia, you can sit and access it (although it is always a bit hard to see the screen in sun, even under the pavillion) - sorry there are no longer any day passes available at the Melia.But I am not sure about the season passes.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mr. Lu: I am betting that most of the coffee houses and boutique eateries might have this.
Wasn;t there a thread on this??? No, I didn't use the search function.. I know we talked about this regarding Santiago...

HB

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

Mr. Lu: I am betting that most of the coffee houses and boutique eateries might have this.
Wasn;t there a thread on this??? No, I didn't use the search function.. I know we talked about this regarding Santiago...

HB

I saw the search results. A bit outdated. I just wanted personal responses from people that have confirmed recently. The eateries and coffee houses and hotels have wi-fi, but instead of being broad about it, I wanted to have a fairly comprehensive list of specific spots.

Mr. Lu

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The Hispaniola Hotel has two wifi outlets = one in the lobby and the other by the pool. Works well in their restaurants.

Stuart Polkinghorne

Nov 13, 2008
A short list of ones we know of.
The acropolis center
Bella Vista Mall
Hard Rock Cafe (Colonial Zone)
All Burger Kings in the City (SD)
High end Hospitals (like Corazones Unidos )

Hope this helps a bit.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Plus

The acropolis center
Bella Vista Mall

Hope this helps a bit.

Hotel Mercure
Hotel Discovery
Grands(Paco's)
Hotel Palacio
Hotel Venus Bar/Grill
Nepalitano Hotel Lobby.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
>>>

The acropolis center
Bella Vista Mall

Hope this helps a bit.

This does help. Keep it coming y'all. I'll keep this thread alive so we can try to get as good a list as possible.

Mr. Lu

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Pollos Victorina on Avenida Maximo Gomez at the Dr. Jaoquin Balaguer Metro stop.

2s652is.jpg