One For The 'RESIDENT' Brits.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
During recent communication with the Consulate section of the British Embassy in Santo Domingo on other matters, I was asked if I would draw British Ex-Pats attention to the following 'Registration' service. Times being how they are at present ........... now might not be a bad time to actually 'get round to doing something about it'!

Herewith the HEAVY Sales pitch:cheeky: ;)
We are encouraging all British nationals living in the Dominican Republic to register with our online registration service LOCATE. This is a secure system and only takes a few minutes to register your contact details on it. There is no need to contact us directly.

Registering with LOCATE would allow consular staff to contact you in the eventuality of a crisis as well as to keep your family and friends informed of your wellbeing.

You only need to register with the service ONCE. If you move or travel to another country simply log in and update your LOCATE account.

Your details will be stored on a secure database, which can only be accessed by staff in our Embassy or our Consular Crisis Group.

The registration page is accessible at: www.locate.fco.gov.uk/locateportal/

Hope you can find the time to register if you have not already done so ~ Grahame.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks Grahame, I did this a while back and would encourage others to do the same.

Didn't receive the usual birthday invitation though. :D

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Oh there you are

Yeah so they can come after you for that back tax you inadvertantly forget to pay before leaving good old Blighty.

No thanks, not that I fall into that category...........YET

Reactions: j&t's future

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Thanks for this bushbaby. I've filled out forms to do this on more than one occasion so they should have my details but I'm gonna do it on-line as well just to be sure.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Yeah so they can come after you for that back tax you inadvertantly forget to pay before leaving good old Blighty.

There are really very few secrets these days.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org

If you fall in to that category Freemo (or are likely to at some future stage) then Of COURSE you should avoid anything which might get you additionally noticed! Thanks for the pre-warning ;) :cheeky: :paranoid: ~ Grahame.
(PS, I understand Her Majesty's Ambassador to the DR occasionally logs in to DR1 too!! :chinese:)

Freemo

May 26, 2003
He's got nothing else to do by all accounts

(PS, I understand Her Majesty's Ambassador to the DR occasionally logs in to DR1 too!! :chinese:)

Then if he's looking in let me take this opportunity to say say thanks a bunch for doing NAFF ALL to help my wife when she was put through the ordeal of her life at Punta Cana airport a few years ago.

If I ever need your help again I certainly won't bother to waste my time in asking.:mad:

Reactions: Celt202

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
He's got nothing else to do by all accounts

Then if he's looking in let me take this opportunity to say say thanks a bunch for doing NAFF ALL to help my wife when she was put through the ordeal of her life at Punta Cana airport a few years ago.

If I ever need your help again I certainly won't bother to waste my time in asking.:mad:

Freemo.
As you are probably aware, Ambassadors change every 4 years or so. THIS Ambassador is GOOD .......... VERY GOOD!!

Your comments above are so very much in error no matter WHAT the circumstances of the above ordeal! I am not a lover of the British Embassy, I have had MY serious rows with them - I just find THIS administration so much more approachable AND hard working!

Now, back to the theme of this thread. Anyone who has NOT yet got themselves listed on the 'Hopefully secure' registration of Ex-Pats system can do so at the above link. I am reliably informed that data contained on this list is NOT viewable by employees within the Customs & Excise Service (or whatever it is now called) of the United Kingdom!

Look at the advantages, look at the known & assumed disadvantages & then make YOUR decision. ~ Grahame.

Reactions: Black Dog

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
For what its worth I have no complaints about the British Embassy, they seem to do what they are supposed to do in a friendly fashion. The only complaints I have are that sometimes they close for the day without telling anybody except those that visit and read the notice on the wall, a fat lot of good if you live in Las Terrenas and their telephone system is the most atrocious I have ever come across. Mr Ian Worthington seems a pleasant character - I met him in the lift. He explained the problems of multiple Embassies in the building and the lack of flagpoles for why there was no Union Flag flying. Shall we have a whip round and buy them a flagpole? I registered with no qualms but I have to say that the system is not a patch on that in Vienna in 1957.