Need help with 2Wire DSL codetel modem

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
rebuilding my PC and can not figure out how to install and configure the 2WIRE. Three years ago I wokred with codetel and they walked me through it over the phone. Well here I am again in need of help. There are 3 files on the cd, 2wirePCP.inf, a security catalog and I for get the third one. None of these are executable and none are setup type files. Thanks for any help you can offer. Phil

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
When you insert the 2wire CD, the setup should start automatically. If not, browse the contents of the CD for the "setup.exe" file, then double click that.

From there you follow the onscreen instructions to setup the device. If you dont see a "setup.exe" file on the CD, you inserted the wrong CD.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for your reply Sylvester. However, there is no setup file on the cd, none of the 3 file are even executable. If memory serves codetel, had me copy the inf file to a specific location on my PC, then reboot. I was then able to enter the IP addresses where before those IP options were not present. Just visited 3 computer stores to look at their 2Wire DSL's. only codetel has them. wow, corner on the market. thanks again.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
After an hour in line at codetel, they gave me a phone number to call. I was on music hold for 30 minutes and thought, thats enough for now, I'll try again later. Oh and they speak English at this number, and I've got some land in Flordia for sale. LOL Love Phil