entering the DR via Dajabon

overthehill

Jul 4, 2009
I am thinking of doing a mission experience this winter in Haiti and would love to return to the US from the DR. Can I enter the DR at Dajabon? My mission experience may depend upon the ability to spend some time in the Santiago area and then leaving from there back to the US,

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
Yes. There are only two border crossings for non-locals and that's the northern one. There are fees on both sides and restrictions on vehicles.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Yes, it's quite easy. I would avoid crossing on market days, which are Friday and I think Monday. (Perhaps someone else can confirm on the Monday...) Although quite a sight to see, if you are most concerned about getting to Santiago, it will be quite chaotic.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
With US or Canadian passport, no problem....on foot, or on a bus??? How you come might be something..

The rest is easy..

HB

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Caribe Tour.
Daily:
Santiago 12 arrival Cap Haitien 3 hours later
Cap Haitien 9 am
US$20 one way
very comfortable.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Is your passport stamped upon exit & reentry to the DR? (I would think so, but would like it confirmed.) The reason I ask is that this $40 trip could resolve the problem of being in the DR over 90 days without a DR license until I get my residency.