I need a ride from the SDQ Airport

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Flight arrives on a Friday morning at 2:30 am. By the time I claim bags, clear immigration and customs, it will be 3:30 am. Need to go to my hotel right on the malecon (near the Intercontinental) Options?????

A) My regular taxi driver who I always use, most likely should be sleeping. - Don't want to wake him for a RD$1,000 fare

B) Grab another taxi outside - what is their (nightitme) rates? Are there taxis waiting and available at 3:30 in the morning?

C) Rent a Car - Got a reservation from AVIS, but are they open at 3:30 AM?

Any help would be appreciated.

david:ermm:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Call your regular Taxi Driver beforehand and ask him if he would stay awake for that extra $1,000.00. I think he would.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Call your regular Taxi Driver beforehand and ask him if he would stay awake for that extra $1,000.00. I think he would.

I agree! Times are tough and while it may not seem like lot to you, it could well be worht your taxi drivers while given the choice.

sheribabi

Jan 20, 2009
Check with your regular taxi guy

I agree, call your regular taxi guy. They can have some bad days where they make just a few hundred pesos and times are tough. I mentioned that to my taxi driver who comes to get me and he made it clear that he would come any time of day or night to get me from the airport.