flights from newark or phila. to DRmy

T

Teresa

My family and I are traveling to the DR at the end of June for a vacation. I'm searching for reasonable flights from Newark or Phila. to Punta Cana, preferably, or Santo Domingo. I haven't been to the DR for several years. Can anyone recommend a consolidator or charter operator with bargain fares?

S

Susan

I'd like in on this too. So far, the cheapest fare I've been quoted to Puerto Plata is $385. That's from Ray Modesto. You can contact him at (212) 568-1354 or rmodesto@aol.com

J

John

Airtech offers standby flights for $300.00. Flights leave from Phil. New York and Newark NJ.

R

Ray Modesto

Dear Teresa!

For the time of the year that you and your family are planning to visit the Dominican Republic it is very hard to find a bargain fare "That is Almost Impossible."

Reason Why? Right after the school year is over (End of June-to the first 2 weeks in July) The majority of Dominicans families in living the USA and Puerto Rico travel back to their homeland with their children to spend their Summer Vacations. Since the families know already how hard is to find a good fare on good airlines (To them Americans) and they are traveling with the entire family (Average size family 4 people) they book their lights WAY WAY ahead of time. Some travel agency even offers them payment plans. ;o)

By now, if you don't have booked a good fare for you and your family on any of the schedule airlines to the Dominican Republic, what is left for you to do is get your vacation booked thru a Tour Operator that runs charter flights to the island. But keep in mine if you do not get the whole package from a tour operator there is a BIG possibility that they won't confirm your air-only space and confirm you only a stand by flight.

If you would need any additional information do not hesitate to contact me at rmodesto@aol.com

Ray Modesto - ;o)

J

Jim Hinsch

On Monday, May 9th 2000, I bought tickets from Detroit to Santo Domingo with a connection in Miame for July, August, and September on American Airlines, right after the fares had dropped the day before.

My price was US$404.80 + $20 travel agent fee each. I buy every few months when the prices drop, and the time to buy was last week. Now, you are scrambling for low priced tickets that are left.

My June tickets were purchased April 5, and I paid US$466.

From my flying experience, flights into Punta Cana are more tourists than locals. Into Santo Domingo, La Romana, and Puerto Plata, it is the opposite.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM