Blackouts and more blackouts!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess they can't afford to pay the generators due to Segura's family payroll at the CDEEEE.

I wonder how Leonel will sweep this one under the rug?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I was going to post a similar thread right now, there's no electricity here since this morning and this is Evaristo Morales. At least I know the inverter batteries are going good.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I guess they can't afford to pay the generators due to Segura's family payroll at the CDEEEE.

I wonder how Leonel will sweep this one under the rug?

Probably with the usual "Deny, Deny, Deny" broom......
....just blame it on the poor people not paying their share for electric.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was going to post a similar thread right now, there's no electricity here since this morning and this is Evaristo Morales. At least I know the inverter batteries are going good.

We are neighbors :)

I was in Punta Cana on the weekend.
Amazing what you can do and how different you feel when you have stable 24x7 power. Maybe we should all move :)

The strees and loss of productivity is massive when you have no power, but of course they never talk about that.

I wonder how many potential investors read DR1???

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
In La Romana we are out at least 3 hours a day if not more...thank god for inverters! The seem to like Wednesday's for our long blackouts sometimes lasting 5-6 hours. I agree about the loss in productivity, I have a number of friends who run small business and can't afford inverters or delco's for power!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In JD yesterday we didn?t have electricity for the better part of the day. When power was restored it started raining causing a transformer to blow, it took them this time about 2 hrs to fix.

Wow!

Faster than a speeding bullet.

We lose a wire fuse at the disconnect switch and it takes them 3 days to make the 5 minute repair. I know because I told them exactly what the problem was and where the pole was that had the bad fuse.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
We are neighbors :)
I wonder how many potential investors read DR1???

Well Robert in my experience when they hear about this little querky reliaty, they chuckle and pass on to the next offer.

It does strike me as amazing that the business sectors downtime and lack of production during these outages would put pressure on this topic, as this country will not evolve without some major strives in this area.

Comically it looks like Gazcue is insulated from this crisis. I guess because of the amount of streetwalkers and girlie bar businesses in Gazcue, provides the needed priority:cheeky:

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Well Robert in my experience when they hear about this little querky reliaty, they chuckle and pass on to the next offer.

It does strike me as amazing that the business sectors downtime and lack of production during these outages would put pressure on this topic, as this country will not evolve without some major strives in this area.

Comically it looks like Gazcue is insulated from this crisis. I guess because of the amount of streetwalkers and girlie bar businesses in Gazcue, provides the needed priority:cheeky:

I am not so sure about this Expat13. I have a friend that runs a hotel on Hermanos Deligne, who needs to run his generator routinely. Perhaps some sections of Gazcue are more immune than others.

On a side note, since I moved to Mirador del Este I have not had a black out lasting more than 15 minutes.

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Gazcue Gazcue Gazcue
I keep telling you guys
I have not had a blackout of more than ten minutes in over three years
honest
i do not even have an invertor

Gazcue is not all on the same circuit, my wife's office is in Gazcue (pedro a. lluberes) and last week they had several hours a day of blackouts.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yes, I think it is because my apartment is right across the street from the PLD! I am in trouble if they loose!

Just move across from The PRD's. I'm sure they will get 24 hour of power...

So if Punta Cana can do it, with a Dominican funded company I might add, why can't the rest of the country? It seems that with their track record they should be getting contracts to provide the same level of service in other parts of the country.

To tell you guys how screwed up this whole mess is Cotui has the largest man made lake in the Caribbean with its dam producing more than enough electricity for the whole province, yet this electricity is pumped to Puerto Plata and Cotui gets nothing (or very little of it). Barrick mining company is intalling it's own dedicated power plant and lines (I understand they bought the Azua plant that used to be owned by the Ex-president of CONEP Villella De Paliza) again by-passing Cotui. So you could be all surrounded by electricity producing entities and still have 12 hour+ blackouts every day, like we do in Cotui...That's why I ain't paying $hit...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, not exactly - the residents of the poorer areas like Veron and El Hoyo de Friusa - both areas could be described as barrios or shanty towns - are serviced by the CPCM and they pay - or get cut off.

Feb 7, 2007
I was about to write the same as Chiri said... Veron is serviced by CEPM and they get by and get 24 hour power (but pay waaaay more per kw hour than other paying people in the DR)