Ahhh - Satellite TV is Back !

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The latest fix for 61.0W, Telefonica came out today.

We have about 150 channels from South America.
(Playboy Channel Included)

Don

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
May I ask what box you use?
I am using the Viewsat 9000HD

How tall a dish (ft) do you have? Do you get all Telefonica channels with that dish?
I am using a 6 foot Channel Master dish.
The Signal / Quality level is just above the point of good reception.
Thus I imagine will be very subject to rain fade.

I have roughly 155 channels that I can watch., I do not know if that is the total or not as I have not gone to LyngSat to count them. But it appears to be most if not all. LyngSat's listing shows multiple packages with many of the channels repeatd in the packages for the different providers.

NOTE: My Channel Master dish is within a few feet of a 7 foot high concrete block wall and the dish is pointing right at it. It may or may not have a partially blocked view of 61.0W. When I installed it, I had no idea I would be pointing the dish in that direction.

61.5W (DishNetwork has a very high reception level Even with the linear LNB needed for 61.0W). Do not use the CB2008 LNB as it has a limited linear frequency range designed for Dish 118 sat (What a shame, it would be perfect otherwise). When I get a chance I might try it anyway, perhaps it has a better freq spread then the listed specs.

I used Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to see my actual house to align the dish in the direction of the sat (that was a great help).

I would think it would beat a whole load of the threads you can read on DR1 these days!! :cheeky: ;) ~ Grahame.
Many of the movies are in English with Spanish closed caption.
It was interesting to note that on Movie City, the Spanish closed caption left out all the bad words, thus changing the intent of the English a lot. ;) lol

vhf98y.jpg

Don

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
duhhh!

Just had a senior moment!

Do not use the CB2008 LNB as it has a limited linear frequency range designed for Dish 118 sat (What a shame, it would be perfect otherwise). When I get a chance I might try it anyway, perhaps it has a better freq spread then the listed specs.

The CB2008 is a CIRCULAR LNB only ............

DishNetwork went against the Band Plan and used circular in the linear frequency range of the satellite.

Don (Hiding my embarrassed face)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Do you get colombian channels, such as CARACOL, RCN, City TV?

Yes!

... and also RCN Noticias

Plus many, many more......

Columbian, Peru and also Chile channels.

There are a number of channels that I get that are identified only as "Satellite 001 through Satellite 033" as the name. So I do not know exactly what they are, but the programming is great.

Looks like I may be getting most of the packages as noted on Lyngsat
Amazonas - 61.0W

Don

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
How long was it down before the fix came in?

I am not sure of that answer.
This is my first experience with Amazonas 61.0W.

There was a release dated June 28, that was not working.
The release I was on was dated July 6th and they came out with an improvement on July 8th.

I had no problems with the July 6th release, but went with the July 8th bin as it stated it was for improved stability.

Looking at the Sat Forums, seems like Viewsat and SonicView perhaps are the only ones with bins for Amazonas 61.0W.

Don

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Great news about Amazonas...!

Is ANYONE here receiving Canadian @ 91.0 Nimiq ?
According to the coverage charts a 6ft dish is needed ...but more than likely 8ft would work .

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Galaxy 19 at 97.0?W

For those that wish to watch the International Channels lock onto Galaxy 19 at 97.0W.

Lots of channels to watch for free, such as Al Jazeera English & Russia Today(English Also).
Requires a Linear LNB also, just like Amazonas at 61.0W

Galaxy 19 has been re-named several times, it is also known as Galaxy 25 and IA-5 I believe.

Being True FTA, no bin required, it will or should work on any of the old FTA boxes.
So there is still life in those old outdated FTA boxes.

DON

Feb 7, 2007
Looking at the Sat Forums, seems like Viewsat and SonicView perhaps are the only ones with bins for Amazonas 61.0W.

There is a receiver that is widely used in Latin America for amazonas, I do not recall the name of it, but a rare strange name it is.

I also think i have read captiveworks have amazonas fix, and nfusion had a 3rd party trial standalone bin for Amazonas (bin not associated with DN/BEV coders) but with the latest ECM it stopped working.

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Correct...The Nova is no longer supported on Amazonas or DN.
Bought one brand new and got 2 weeks of service out of it ...my bad luck !

The receiver is called ilink and its working on Amazonas also.
Can anyone give advice on dish size for Bell /Nimiq at 91.0 ?...because that is currently working on the Nova.
The signal charts say 5ft should bring in most transponders...but if thats the case there would be more Bell installations here.
Thanks!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Can anyone give advice on dish size for Bell /Nimiq at 91.0 ?...because that is currently working on the Nova.
The signal charts say 5ft should bring in most transponders...but if thats the case there would be more Bell installations here.
Thanks!

With a 6 foot dish in Santiago, you can get the satellite and scan in all the channels for 82W Bev, however, the channels were too weak to receive. At least that is what happened here.

I had NO RECEPTION, not even the message saying it was a scrambled channel.

Don

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
Thanks Santiago ...yes 82W next to impossible to receive.
But 91 is much more powerful than 82.
Can anyone confirm 91 with a 6ft dish ?
Thanks again.

UP_time

Aug 16, 2003
With a 6 foot dish in Santiago, you can get the satellite and scan in all the channels.

For 82W Bev, however, the channels were too weak to receive. At least that is what happened here

I think this is what you were trying to post ?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
With a 6 foot dish in Santiago, you can get the satellite and scan in all the channels.

For 82W Bev, however, the channels were too weak to receive. At least that is what happened here

I think this is what you were trying to post ?

Nope!

My post was ALL one sentence, referring to 82W.
I do not have an nFusion, so no sense in trying 91.W at this time.
My test of 82W was when it was viewable, pre-N3.

Don

Feb 7, 2007

Thanks!

If you bought a new NOVA in 2009, you most likely bought a clone. Nfusion stopped selling NOVA's in Dec'09, NOVA was replaced by Solaris.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If you bought a new NOVA in 2009, you most likely bought a clone. Nfusion stopped selling NOVA's in Dec'09, NOVA was replaced by Solaris.

"Nfusion stopped selling NOVA's in Dec'08,"

Nfusion may have stopped selling them, but the dealers probably had lots of inventory well into 2009.

Don