List of Health Insurance for Mother and Newborn

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Understandably there have been many questions and posts about medical coverage. Perhaps the moderator could set up a poll to get opinions on coverage for a mother and child. Which carrier is the best" bang for the buck" the best clinics etc. I noticed one post where a member switched to Colonial for med coverage. There website does not list their offices. Since this topic is important to so many members it would be great to have a Sticky or other means to reference this important aspect of life in the DR.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Understandably there have been many questions and posts about medical coverage. Perhaps the moderator could set up a poll to get opinions on coverage for a mother and child. Which carrier is the best" bang for the buck" the best clinics etc. I noticed one post where a member switched to Colonial for med coverage. There website does not list their offices. Since this topic is important to so many members it would be great to have a Sticky or other means to reference this important aspect of life in the DR.

To set up a poll on medical coverage is a good idea....
boca chica dave; I think for you to get the best coverage you need to visit more than one company and see what they offer ....because we all have different kind of needs... .I am cover by Universal, so far very happy with them, they paid for my surgery and covered all my dental visits as agreed...but I am going to check Humano...
Universal and Humano are the most popular here....

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Boca chica:
Here is the phone # and Address- Humano and Universal...
Humano: 809-476-3570 Ave. Lope de Vega 36 esq. Andres J. Aybar, Santo Dgo...
ARS_Universal 809-544-7111
809-544-7200
Once you become a member, there is a brochure will all doctors and "CLINICS" to choose from.....

Seguros Universal

ARS Humano

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Might be best to post the info right here in this thread. Members can post names and numbers of companies they like or deal with and we can make it a sticky.

Our Polling software is far too limited for this type of thing.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Might be best to post the info right here in this thread. Members can post names and numbers of companies they like or deal with and we can make it a sticky.

Our Polling software is far too limited for this type of thing.
AnnaC;
Thanks...

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
ARS Palic Salud

Santo Domingo-809-381-5000
Santiago-809-247-3335

Inicio - ARS Palic Salud - Administradora de riesgos de salud - Prevencin y promocin de la salud - Cuidemos la Salud!!!

**be careful with this plan...*El plan de salud termina al cumplir 70anos*
The health plan finish at the age of 70....
Please, always consult with the company and make sure you understand their policy....each company has different clause....
Good luck, but it is important to have a health insurance in Dom. Rep....

Reactions: AnnaC