Car Rental for a Day (or 2) in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEAM

Aug 14, 2007
We are staying in Bahia de Arena in Cabarete for 9 days at the end of July/beginning of August. Wilson Guzman will be transporting our party during the wee hours of the morning from Santiago's airport to our villa rental and vice versa. (Thank you Wilson, who we met 2 years ago & highly recommend!)

Other than that, we are thinking about renting a vehicle for a day or two to explore Luperon, Puerto Plata, & Sosua. Other than the Puerto Plata Airport, where should we inquire about renting a vehicle for six passengers in or near the city of Cabarete?

Thanks in advance...we love DR1 and it's information!:)

Dec 25, 2007
the german guy (easy rider) had the best deal in cabarete. he is a very honest, nice guy. he is next to iguana mama. i don't know if he has a large suv. 2 cars from him is cheaper than 1 suv from anyone else.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Try contacting Ramon Perez Auto Rent, they are going to have an office in the front part of Royal Residence soon 809 966 8985. I have rented from them and they are very cordial and helpful. They have vehicles of all sizes.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Wilson and his brother Rafael are awesome!

IMHO Just let them take care of all of your transportation needs. You will have no worries and the benefit of their knowledge of local sites etc.

ggparts

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
Team PM me I have 6 vehicles in PP at the best rates plus info on all top attractions 24 hr service and we speak english

Jan 17, 2009
Team,

If you're renting from small local car rental companies, make sure that they will provide you with full coverage (either included or by charging you separately). Ask how much is the deductible. If not, I suggest you go with the local Avis office in Cabarete (downtown). You can check the rates online and rent too at avis.com. Just use the address lookup to change the country to the DR, then choose Cabarete. It'll be more expensive than the local companies but it'll buy you peace of mind.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Wilson was just in my office and I mentioned this to him. He remembers a lady talking to him about being picked up in Santiago but he says he has no reservation date etc so you had better contact him and firm things up. Here is his cell number 809 429 2110

We are staying in Bahia de Arena in Cabarete for 9 days at the end of July/beginning of August. Wilson Guzman will be transporting our party during the wee hours of the morning from Santiago's airport to our villa rental and vice versa. (Thank you Wilson, who we met 2 years ago & highly recommend!)

Other than that, we are thinking about renting a vehicle for a day or two to explore Luperon, Puerto Plata, & Sosua. Other than the Puerto Plata Airport, where should we inquire about renting a vehicle for six passengers in or near the city of Cabarete?

Thanks in advance...we love DR1 and it's information!:)

HPJuan

Mar 29, 2008
I rented a car from Avis at the Puerto Plata airport last year and used a credit card to reserve the car, which provided the primary coverage for the insurance. Check with your credit card carrier to find a card that will cover your insurance. Typically there are rules to follow and breaking those rules will void your coverage, but it can save you close to $20 a day for a compact car! Be sure to take the extra liability coverage though...it is a must.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
rented a jeep in P PLATA
TEACHER RENT A CAR
809-2613392 Same one i used 2 years ago
tell them you had the number of the gringo in the UK
O YES the price 1200 peso a day
In NAGUA a car hire FIRM wanted 2000 peso a day so we got on a wagua from NAGUA to POP

Jan 17, 2009
Dominican Joe,

Check your credit card coverage carefully. I went through these with several US credit cards a few years ago, none of my cards (VISA, Amex, etc) would cover liability. I bought insurance for$20 per trip for a year from Amex just to make sure that I had theft included. Many credit cards won't cover theft at all.

TEAM

Aug 14, 2007
Thank you!

Thank you to everyone for the information & replies, as always. We are going back & forth between renting a vehicle & hiring a driver, such as Wilson. There are times that we may want to stop and spend a period of time at places of interest, so we are not certain which is the best method to get there.

Speaking of Wilson, thank you to "aross" for your reply. Yes, our friend Amanda spoke with him a few weeks ago, and we need to now confirm dates & times with him. We will be contacting him shortly to set up our transportation from Santiago's airport to our villa and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.