re-booking ticket with thompson - urgent

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sorry guys if we talked about it before, i am in no state to do searches etc.
nuff said that i need some help with info on re-booking flight with thompson from POP to gatwick.
the return flight is due in nearly 3 weeks and i need to have it changed into the earliest possible date.
this is not my flight but someone who had abused our hospitality and the kindness of our friends. i need some info on changing flight for that person - whether it is doable, who should they call, how much will that cost etc.

i am in distress :ermm:

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
nuff said that i need some help with info on re-booking flight with thompson from POP to gatwick.
the return flight is due in nearly 3 weeks and i need to have it changed into the earliest possible date.
this is not my flight but someone who had abused our hospitality and the kindness of our friends. i need some info on changing flight for that person - whether it is doable, who should they call, how much will that cost etc.

You have to give them a call on 0871 231 4787 with the reference no. Apparently its 15 pounds per date per flight, plus any change in the actual cost of the flight from the original date to the changed one.

I'm sorry to hear about someone abusing your hospitality, it must be an absolute nightmare you want over I'm sure.

they fly just on mondays to POP so I would get onto it if you want them to leave this Monday.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

The Thomson office in POP is 809 586 2223 - maybe they could help. Good luck... Mr WB will have a return portion with Thomas Cook going to Manchester for the 25th but doubt that would resolve your problem.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i presume that 0871 is an english number? or toll free from UK?
no matter, i have voip phone...
thank you for the number and info!

shirley, thank you so much for the number, you are a star!

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in case anyone would be interested in this info.
i called thompson POP number and was told the return date cannot be changed. a person needs to buy one way ticket at the price of $550 (us dollars).

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's weird.
i never flew with Thompson,
but down here we have on weekly bases visitors who wanna cut down their vaca time for what ever reasons and fly home earlier than sheduled/planned.
for such they contact their tourrep down here, that rep checks with the aircarrier's office tha availability of a seat during the requested time period, and if a seat is available they change the ticket/date, costs are usually 50-80 euros per flight per change. the newly issued tickets are as far as my knowledge always 'stand by' tickets.
of course such is only possible depending on availability of a seat.
in the actual case if i understood the above right that carrier flies only once a week, on mondays, so that would limit the possibilities a lot.
earlier than i 3 weeks would mean we are looking on just 2 flights, this coming monday and the next monday afterwards.
on those 2 flights the seats maybe occupied due to seat contingent of the involved touroperators, so the carrier itself can not sell you those seats, even if empty.
i would recommend to contact the Tourop where the original flight been booked to check with them their seat availability on the plane. only they would change the ticket, not the carrier.

good luck
hope you get your homepeace back soon
Mike

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I think if you have bought a 'flight only' ticket it states that it is non transferrable once the outbound ticket has been used.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
didn't think about that.
i changed myself flight only tickets twice,
after i used the first way ticket,
each time it costed less than 50US$ for the change, new tickets been 'stand by' tickets.
but the last time i did that been many years back, i don't know what changed on such.
where are our travel agent pros to join in?
Mike

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
in case anyone would be interested in this info.
i called thompson POP number and was told the return date cannot be changed. a person needs to buy one way ticket at the price of $550 (us dollars).

Seems strange, I got the number and info from the thomsonfly website...... in their T&Cs....

For some reason though some aspects of Thomson Site are IP blocked so you cant see them, however not if you browse on a blackberry....?

And yes, the 0871 is a National rate UK number.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this flight is not for me, it is for someone else.
i called the number in POP and the gentleman named carl gave me info i posted above.
i guess the person who flies back to UK (or at least should have decency to do so) can contact an english agent who arranged this trip. but i will not do anything more myself.
thank you all for help, as always, one can count on dr1 community.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I am intrigued to know what this person did....
None of my business - but that makes me want to know even more.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Chiri,
what have the poor fishies to do with bad guests???, ha ha
the reason why she wanna get rid of the abusing guests/guest is none of our business i guess,

BUT HEY,
I WANNA KNOW TAMBIEN, lol.

the subject is on possibilities to change a flight,
such can be done, of course dependent on available seats, a single seat is often not a prob to get, on any plane.

and yes,
it would be 'the person's' job to get that ticket changed.
maybe a lil pressure helps.

if a 'guest' pi$$es me or my Mrs off i would clearly set the deadline til when to move out of my place.
so that person would take care of changing the flight or would need to look for a different lodging opportunity.
i had such myself at my own place with wife's family,
welcome visitors,
but some thought they can take over the place in their manner,
but at my place apply my rules and behaviors and who doesn't like them should look out for a vaca place of his/her likings.
few warnings from my side, first throu the Mrs, then myself(which is the moment when it nearly come's to the point when i speak up myself to family of my better half), the by me not liked behaviors occured again right away the next day,
and yeap, i told them this is the last day,
next morning first bus is the ride back to their own heaven, and that exactly happened the next morning.
wifey been finally happy that i did it,
but she would never speak up herself contra the family.
Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't want to get into details but she has been a horrible guest who has abused us from the start, mistreated our animals and threw hysteric fits.
she is staying with our angel neighbour right now and i am ashamed i put this kind lady in this situation.
we cannot and do not want to take this person home since miesposo flat our refused to have anything to do with her. i have provided her with all numbers for thompson offices and i hope she will have enough shame and dignity to go back home. but i also feel very uncomfortable to give trouble to our fantastic vecina.
:(
i am not without fault myself but at least i have apologized for my words and behaviour.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
none of us is without faults or negs,
we are the way we are.
can feel with you if your 'miesposo' said he doesn't wanna have to do anything with the person again.
i can imagine my poor good soul of wifey after I ('her esposo', lol) said that is "done and point...".
to have a nice neighbour involved as the 'backup weapon' feels bad, yeap,
but stuff happens.
wish ya luck to get it resolved the best possible.
Mike

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
You are being too good to her, if it was me I would tell her to pay a Hotel, or to just wait in the airport for the next flight to the UK. Won't be putting a neighbor into that ordeal.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You are being too good to her, if it was me I would tell her to pay a Hotel, or to just wait in the airport for the next flight to the UK. Won't be putting a neighbor into that ordeal.

Actually I'd go a little further. She might need some encouragement to get that flight brought forward. I'd pay the 1000 or so pesos to have her picked up and 'hotelled' in the PP police station, one night there with all the others & I guarantee she'll be on that phone to get that ticket changed herself :). Miesposo will know how to make the necessary arrangements for a one night detention.

Doesn't sound like she has much 'shame & dignity' anyway, dv8, so you can't risk your relationship with your neighbour, which will presumably go on a lot longer than your relationship with your guest. Under these circumstances, personally, I wouldn't muck about ;).

Almost hate to ask, but, she didn't do anything to your cats, did she? You don't need to answer publically.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Actually I'd go a little further. She might need some encouragement to get that flight brought forward. I'd pay the 1000 or so pesos to have her picked up and 'hotelled' in the PP police station, one night there with all the others & I guarantee she'll be on that phone to get that ticket changed herself :). Miesposo will know how to make the necessary arrangements for a one night detention.

Doesn't sound like she has much 'shame & dignity' anyway, dv8, so you can't risk your relationship with your neighbour, which will presumably go on a lot longer than your relationship with your guest. Under these circumstances, personally, I wouldn't muck about ;).
I understand the sentimants, but unless she has actually committed a crime isn't that an abuse of connections and power, the exact same problem the DR needs to shed in the first place: where the powerful can act outside the law for their personal benefit with gubmint sanction?

Maybe dv8 should just tell her to hit the bricks without compromising her neighbors. Direct and to the point. And IF she refuses to leave, THEN have her arrested for tresspassing. Nice, neat and legal.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I understand the sentimants, but unless she has actually committed a crime isn't that an abuse of connections and power, the exact same problem the DR needs to shed in the first place: where the powerful can act outside the law for their personal benefit with gubmint sanction?

Maybe dv8 should just tell her to hit the bricks without compromising her neighbors. Direct and to the point. And IF she refuses to leave, THEN have her arrested for tresspassing. Nice, neat and legal.

i don't guess Ginnie been talking serious on the 'arrest' point.
beeing not nice to some cats to punish with a night "in town" would even for myself sound a bit harsh,
and i live myself by my own rules which include to shoot 'em first and investigate afterwards 's up.

and such "sending for a night in town" of course would be a huge abuse of powers/connections/human behavior.
i guess the Dominican constitution does not allow such.
but that's just a guess,
didn't read it completely by far,
just a few points due the actual Honduran situation to compare such.

maybe the private Supreme Court of Puerto Plata can find a slipping whole in that constitution to get such bad behaving foreign guest charged and found guilty, status set on 'persona non grada' and flown out by the Dominican Airforce, wooohahaha.

o.k.,
it's saturday morning,
it's cloudy,
fishing should be a top one today under great conditions,
joking around and enjoying the bord.
sorry if off topic.

back to the topic:
send her off the property, stay nice with your nice neighbour to not get innocent casualties in those revolutionary days.

save the cats

Mike