ALA Needs Your Help...Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Profe

*** Sin Bin ***
May 6, 2009
www.myspace.com
Academia Latino Americana De Ingles was established on September 1 2007 in the mountain town of Jarabacoa in the Dominican Republic.

Please view our photos and videos on MySpace and see for your self how well the students are doing. Academia Latina Americana (Academia Latina Americana) | MySpace.com .

Founder Alberto Jesus Sanchez came to the Dominican Republic with a mission to help young children and adults learn American English. My goal is to provide the students with the necessary curriculum so they can easily learn American English and also learn about respect, basic manners, proper hygiene, history, geography, math, and computer skills.

Our Academy suffered a great loss May 10th 2009 when someone broke into the school and stole an inverter with 6 batteries, 5 Dell computers and monitors, a HP laser printer and a Cannon Digital camera. This loss has caused the school a great setback.

Today, I am asking for your help. Anything you can help us with would be greatly appreciated. I came to the Dominican Republic to teach, to make a difference in young people?s lives and I am not going to give up just because someone stole our equipment.
We have accounts setup with PayPal (academiadeingles@hotmail.com) and also with Xoom.com (academiadeingles@hotmail.com).

Our address is: calle 16 de agosto casa #3 2ndo nivel, Jarabacoa Republica Dominicana and our phone number is 829-201-6263

We invite you to visit our Academy when ever you are in the Dominican Republic. Our door is always open. Thank you for reading our plea for help and God bless you and all of your family.

Alberto Jes?s S?nchez AKA El Profe

Last edited by a moderator:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
El Profe, I deleted your thread in Living seeing as this one has already generated some response.

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I admire what you are doing. Good luck to you and your school, do not let this setback throw you off balance. When God closes a door, he always opens a window. Those kids (and adults) are lucky to have met you.:cheeky:
SHALENA
P.S. I sent you a PM

El-Profe

*** Sin Bin ***
May 6, 2009
www.myspace.com
A Warm Thanks To All DR1 Members

I would like to Thank all the DR1 members who have sent us PM with their words of encouragement and support. You don't know how much this means to the children. I will be posting a new video this week on MySpace of the children. May God bless you ALL.

El Profe

LA71009

May 13, 2009
El Profe,
I have sent you a PM, I may be able to replace them computers.
Let me know if I can help.

LA71009

May 13, 2009
Contents of the PM i sent to El-Profe and his reply:

Sorry to learn of your loss of the computers. I run a computer repair shop in the USA, ( i'm planning on moving to the DR soon) and i have approx 60 DELL desktop computers here. They are PENTIUM II 350- 450 mhz systems. They have everything needed for the systems to operate ( memory, hard drive, video, network card, etc. ) However I DO NOT have MONITORS for them. I am willing to let you have FIVE of them, if they'll be of help to you for gratis.

Maybe you can aquire monitors from another source.

Here's the sticky part, If you could find someone who would "sponsor" or donate the SHIPPING COSTS, (or maybe even someone shipping a load to the DR WITH SPACE AVAILABLE TO TAKE THE COMPUTERS WITH THEM),
I'd be more than happy to let you have them. I am Located in Shreveport, Louisiana, so some type of freight or pickup arrangments will have to be made to get them from me to them.

LIke i said These are DESKTOP ( flat, sits on top of desk, NOT a tower system) DELL Pentium II systems.

I can put whatever operating system you require on them also.

Let me know if i can help ( maybe even throw a plea out to the group for funds to cover shipping costs, or for someone shipping a container down to take them with them.)

Thanks
Kevin

_______

Hello Kevin,

Thank you so much for your kindness. From past experiences, I think that it would cost more to ship the computers here and also pay the duties than what I can purchase them here for. But if you don’t mind, let’s try something. If you could copy the PM that you sent me and post it on the thread maybe we can find someone that has a container that is being shipped to the DR and they could add the CPU’s to the shipment. Just a thought.

I really appreciate your help and God bless you and your family.

Alberto Jesus Sanchez
AKA El Profe

_____

ANYONE have any suggestions ?, thoughts?, a way to make this happen?

El-Profe

*** Sin Bin ***
May 6, 2009
www.myspace.com
Update on the Gifts Received By Generous Donors

Our Goal is $2500 USD to Replace Stolen Equipment.
As of today (7-16-09) we have received the following gifts:

Troy Taylor - $100 USD
Aloynka - $50 USD
Lawrence Boswell - 2.5kw Inverter

Thank you so much for your gifts. The children are getting excited knowing that the school will be back in order soon.

We are still $1800 USD Short of our Goal. Here is a breakdown of the items and the cost of the items here in the Dominican Republic.

Dell P4 Computer complete with Monitor (Used) - $180. each
Trojan 6 volt battery (New) - $125 each
HP laser printer (New) - $300

As you can see any gift that you can make will help us get closer to getting the school back to where we were. We appreciate your support.

El Profe

Last edited by a moderator:

El-Profe

*** Sin Bin ***
May 6, 2009
www.myspace.com
Posted at 2:30 a.m. Must be Drunk or on Drugs?

Just by way of future readers being aware of other related threads, when reading this one also read the last few pages here:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/government/84346-attitude-toward-missionaries-26.html

and

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/91171-english-school-gets-broken-into.html

Dear Lambada,

I was just taking a look at your profile and you seem to have a real nice track record on this forum.
"jrhartley you are a hoot! I'll also bet you've confused everyone who reads here now that the abusive message has been deleted by Fireguy, the Mod. jr was joking, people, in his own inimitable fashion. And thank you Fireguy.
did lambada send chiri an abusive message -how rude of you old man lol
Chirimoya 2-4-09 Lambada, I have reported the abusive message.

Get a Life, Get A Job and Get God.;)

Just say no to drugs.:rambo:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hey, El Profe, drop PICHARDO a PM. He's entrenched deep within the circles of the rich and powerful elite...gets inside scoop...and has access to 14,975 (MOL) FREE LAPTOPS just sitting in a warehouse (he'll send a picture of them...)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
El Profe, people on this site were nice to you, allowed to ask for help, and actually helped. I think you should just let it go at this point, stop complaining, and take care of your school, children and related responsibilities. Money and equipment you received should be enough for you to track children's progress, and you can teach kids without any kind of computer programs involved. You can post some new pictures and videos on your site as an update for us. All the best to the kids!

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
El Profe -

When we last left you a couple of days ago, you were down to your last couple of hundred dollars, without next month's rent, and had come clean about the fact that you were not, in fact, a member of any organized church but just listened to Pastor Osteen on the Internet.

You said that you did not get along with any of the Christians in Jarabacoa. You also said that your only friends were your kids, That you were a loner' had no friends or family, and that one kid, who was 6 was really weeping over the loss of the computers.

You also put down the expenses for your living which were a lot like the expenses for your school which makes me think that you were perhaps running the school out of your home, were you?

I'll tell you, El Profe, I am not liking the picture that I am seeing here.

I would want some better references here.

I think that really you had better get back somewhere where you can get some psychological help.

I would alert the members on the Board in your area to be on their bikes and cruise on by.

I dunno. Maybe the Embassy gets involved before the local police do?

But I would not put kids into your care.

No way, jose.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
was I abusive - I know i get deleted for being off topic,what did I do this time

Not at all, you cracked a joke on my public profile about 5 months ago. And it was funny not abusive. But he wouldn't know what it was all about because he wasn't around at the time. He just copy/pasted messages from the public profile which are there for all to see anyway...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I see confusion reigned here ....lol it does read like you sent an abusive message to chirimoya lol......if you didnt know what it was all about

Status
Not open for further replies.