S.O.S Sosua

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
First, I am Dominican, and I have nothing against haitians. (I have some of them working for me, and I think they are hard workers)
I love Sosua beach, and some restaurants. but somebody have to do something with the haitians populations in sosua before is too late. it?s really killing Sosua. (if you dont believe me, see whats happen in Boca chica)
I went last night to have dinner at Oh La Vaque, and there were at least 10 haitians kids begging for food and money, plus I count at least 30 ugly haitians prostitutes around the area (most of them infected and very rude).
I just Asked for my bill and left without finish my food.
I just drove to Cabarete and have a quiet dinner at Casita de papi.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i really think that povery is all over not just haitian kids. but let's stick to the positive. are you doing anything to help the situation besides whining like a .......

lastly, how do you know they are infected ? :ermm:

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I know there is poverty everywhere, is just the way they beg. if you come to santo domingo you can see haitians women with their baby asking for money at any corner while dominicans are selling something or at least are cleaning your glass.
how do I know most of them are infected? well. i am in the construction business, and you cant believe what I saw in Punta Cana. in a site work a haitian woman was f...ed, by at least 40 haitians workers at 100 pesos each. one after another. without using protection (haitians dont do it). If you dont get infected with 40 differents semen in just 2 hours, So, somebody explain to me how.
Lastly, what I am doing to change this situation? I am giving the alert. I am from Santo Domingo, and i visit Sosua because I still like the beach and the town, but there is nothing to do at night, there is not any decent place to have a drink without being hassle from pros.
what we have to do? SAY NOT TO PROS, SAY NOT TO SANKIES, SAY NOT TO HAITIANS BEGGING. and they will leave town.
why they dont go to bars in Cabarete? like Lax (just to mention one) because they wont find any client over there.
Lets save Sosua

Reactions: badpiece33

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I know there is poverty everywhere, is just the way they beg. if you come to santo domingo you can see haitians women with their baby asking for money at any corner while dominicans are selling something or at least are cleaning your glass.
how do I know most of them are infected? well. i am in the construction business, and you cant believe what I saw in Punta Cana. in a site work a haitian woman was f...ed, by at least 40 haitians workers at 100 pesos each. one after another. without using protection (haitians dont do it). If you dont get infected with 40 differents semen in just 2 hours, So, somebody explain to me how.
Lastly, what I am doing to change this situation? I am giving the alert. I am from Santo Domingo, and i visit Sosua because I still like the beach and the town, but there is nothing to do at night, there is not any decent place to have a drink without being hassle from pros.
what we have to do? SAY NOT TO PROS, SAY NOT TO SANKIES, SAY NOT TO HAITIANS BEGGING. and they will leave town.
why they dont go to bars in Cabarete? like Lax (just to mention one) because they wont find any client over there.
Lets save Sosua

Lets save sosua? lets save you dude. To say all haitians are infected because of the one haitian that you seen doing all those construction workers is just plain ignorant.

And FYI, dominicans generally started hooking before the haitian people did. And i gaurantee the dominicans hooking are a higher percentage then the haitian women overall.

Thanks for the warning dude,you have provided a great service for all the dr1 members by warning us about those dangerous hooking, begging haitians. I agree all the prostitution and begging should be left to the elite dominican population.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
For me, Sosua attracts lowlifes of all races, colours and creeds. I know there are decent, honourable people living there too, but the town is essentially a tourist town.
Girls go there to prostitute, many Gringos go there specifically to use the prostitutes and the rest of the parasites are there to pick up whatever cash is swilling around in that environment.
I disagree that Sosua needs saving from the Haitians any more than from the dirt bag Dominicans and tourists that use the place.
So what exactly are you trying to save?
If you took out the prostitution from Sosua you would be left with little more than some all in hotels and a nice beach. Then maybe the expats who live there could also have a quieter life.
But the core business of Sosua is prostitution. Where there is (semi) illegal activity you find easy money and this attracts the lowlifes. This corrupts the police also - who else is going to run this show??
The problem is not the Haitians or even the lowlifes - they are a symptom. The problem is the fact that the place is a Mecca for men coming to have sex with good looking young girls for very little money.
If you get rid of that, you kind of throw the baby out with the bath water.
Might not be a bad idea, actually.

For a respectable Dominican like yourself, you might want to stay in Cabarete.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Medal Deserved

I am from Santo Domingo, and i visit Sosua because I still like the beach and the town
Wow, to come all the way from 'la capital' to that rotten place called Sos?a to spend your money there.
I think the mayor should give you a medal for that. :bunny:

B

BettyDiamond

your arguement lost credibility when the two examples you used in your second statement were from santo domingo and boca chica.

wendymathews

Mar 27, 2007
I have to agree with Johnny. Sosua needs to be cleaned up. It is such a beautiful place but the prostitutes and the disgusting men that flock to them ruin the atmosphere. I would not lump it all together with Hatians because many of them are Dominican women. The real issue is poverty and education, and that is a daunting issue.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Well, I dont think I deserv a medal for going to Sosua from Santo Domingo. I am a beach lover and I use to drive around the country on free weekends.
There is not any good beach around santo domingo. the closest is Samana with the new road. and Sosua. plus, I consider Sosua in my list of 5 best beaches in DR.
Sosua is a nice village and deserve a better atmosphere. why to ruin a nice town for very few lowlifes new yorkers to come to town and spend nothing.
you dont think that expats who are investing 100,s and even millions in properties in Sea horse, Haciendas el choco, Sosua Ocean Village and others places around deserve at least a place where they can go to have a drink with their friends and not be offended and hassle with the prostitutes.
people looking for pros are minority. if you dont believe me just sit at any bar and watch, how many pros are available.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I am sure......

.......Sosua is a nice village and deserve a better atmosphere. why to ruin a nice town for very few lowlifes new yorkers to come to town and spend nothing.
you dont think that expats who are investing 100,s and even millions in properties in Sea horse, Haciendas el choco, Sosua Ocean Village and others places around deserve at least a place where they can go to have a drink with their friends and not be offended and hassle with the prostitutes.
people looking for pros are minority. if you dont believe me just sit at any bar and watch, how many pros are available.

Why don't you tell us what you really feel about people from N.Y.???? So all of Sosua's problems can be directly traced back to the low life NYers, and the Haitians.

Talk about hypocrites living in glass houses.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I hope not....

Being that you are a Dominican, maybe you as well have some of those same type of low life NYers, in your own family, as I seem to remember quite a few people of Dominican ancestry living in the NYC area.

Reactions: badpiece33

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
At least the money that is spent by tourists for hookers and booze in Sosua is going to Dominicans, as opposed to the AIs, which are almost exclusively foreign owned.

FYI johnny, I know people who own property in Sea Horse Ranch and are in the bars in Sosua picking up hookers on a regular basis.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
why you people take it personal. I have nothing against new yorkers. or haitians. sorry, but that is what you see in sosua in last weeks. louder new yorkers having pics with pros to show back home.
I would say the same if they were from costa rica or florida.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Well....

Hey man, I am at peace with you, but I lived in Sosua when I first moved into the country, I now live in Santo Domingo. And the NYers were a small population of the people in Sosua at any one given time, albeit they tended to be more noticed than some others.

As the other poster said, the people who have bought those high end properties in Sosua, knew what the town was like before they bought into it, and as the other poster stated, it doesn't stop them from participating in the night life, when it is convenient for them. Or from renting out their properties and making a profit on the NYers, or the people that come for the night life. To me you can't have it both ways, profitting on the one hand and decrying the same people or way of life (that you profit from) when it is convenient on the other hand.

Hence my statements about hypocrites.

To me it is akin to the politicians in the States or wherever they may be, who campaign on the family values train, because that is convenient and helps them get elected. Yet after they get into office, they have numerous affairs (some paid for by the tax payer dollars) or visits prostitutes. Sorry you can't have it both ways.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I am in peace with you too.
I am in my late 30?s and when I was a kid I remember visiting boca chica with my family. everything changed and on these days you wont see any medium class dominican visiting boca chica. It?s a pitty that same is happening to sosua. this is just a warning, because they still have chance to do something.
business will do much better if they have dominican customers from puerto plata, Santiago and Santo Domingo. plus the expats with their family who are affraid to go to Sosua at night.
tourists from AI?s also like to leave the resort and hang out in discos.
go to Playa dorada and you will see how Coco Bongo or Spices are always crowded with real dominicans and tourist from the AI?s. spending cash.
hookers and sankies in sosua do not spend any cent in drinks.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
Excuse me, but I am totally confused. First this thread started with Haitians pro's. Then it went to NYer's. Were is all this leading? It seems that you (Johnny) do not want prostitution of any kind in Sousa. Okay that is fine. But you are going at it the wrong way. First, submit your complaint to the Dominican Republic government. Then see how far you get. When they say they no longer want tourism to the DR. Believe me most prostitution will stop! But so will a steady income from travelers coming there. The DR is making a lot of money from those weekend warrior's (NYer's) who travel down for a few days. So this is what can happen. The DR will turn into a democratic Cuba, who now is begging for those same dollars that you don't see. Because when people can not vacation as they wish they normally go to a place were they can!

And by the way, you may not have intended to make a racial remark (I am not sure). But it sure came out that way!

Osanhopps a ex-NYer now living in Vegas, who will soon be working in the DR!

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
hey man, i am at peace with you, but i lived in sosua when i first moved into the country, i now live in santo domingo. And the nyers were a small population of the people in sosua at any one given time, albeit they tended to be more noticed than some others.

As the other poster said, the people who have bought those high end properties in sosua, knew what the town was like before they bought into it, and as the other poster stated, it doesn't stop them from participating in the night life, when it is convenient for them. Or from renting out their properties and making a profit on the nyers, or the people that come for the night life. To me you can't have it both ways, profitting on the one hand and decrying the same people or way of life (that you profit from) when it is convenient on the other hand.

Hence my statements about hypocrites.

To me it is akin to the politicians in the states or wherever they may be, who campaign on the family values train, because that is convenient and helps them get elected. Yet after they get into office, they have numerous affairs (some paid for by the tax payer dollars) or visits prostitutes. Sorry you can't have it both ways.

now that is right on! Everyone please keep a open mind!

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Tourists from AI?s also like to leave the resort and hang out in discos.
Go to Playa dorada and you will see how Coco Bongo or Spices are always crowded with real dominicans and tourist from the AI?s. spending cash.
Hookers and sankies in sosua do not spend any cent in drinks.

Last weekend when I took some friends who were staying in an AI to Spices there were lots of Sankies and putas in there looking for available single tourists. A little better dressed than in Sosua but in there all the same.