buying cuban cigars in DR

B

bchbus

are there any reputable cigar shops in the punta cana area that sell cuban cigars but will help you in using the correct cigar bands as so you could bring them back to the united states (if you were so inclined of course). thanks

C

Cramden

None that I found. Fakes Fakes and more Fakes. In the Hotels, we only found Dominicans, but they were much more expensive than what you can buy in the States.

H

hillbilly

Only in Santo Domingo. You can get excellent Cuban cigars at the Casa de los Habanos in Santo Domingo. Everywhere else they are fake.
Unless you are fortunate enough to have Master Cigar Artisans at your service, I would not advise you to adventure into the land of the Cuban fakes either.

And a word. There are no Fuente products sold in this country at anything less than 100% above US Prices. In fact, I would not ventuure to buy any Fuente product in the DR. Just too risky.

Your options? Go to <A HREF="http://www.havanahouse.com">www.havanahouse.com</A> and order them by mail from Canada In plain wrappers they get thru, or so I have heard.

Best bet? take a trip to La romana and explore the Consolidated factory and buy their stuff.

S

Sylvia

Mostly the cuba cigars you can buy here in the DR are fake.
If you want real cubano digars ..buy them in cuba.