San Isidro Airbase today.......

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I'm just wondering if anyone else was there and if anyone knows any news about it yet?

For those who are not aware, it was a big event for aircraft and model aircraft show. The wind blew in about an hour ago and collapsed one stand and blew the roof off the other.

Me and my 8 month pregnant wife had just left the stand that collapsed when it happened. It was chaos....

We know from friends that there were at least a few hurt, I believe a woman with a broken leg and kid with a broken arm....

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gee I would like to have an air show. For a good charity. Do you think they will lend me an Air Base>>>????? Fundaci?n Nicole Fernandez???? Gimme abreakk.....ARRRGGGHH the agony of the corruption and graft and nepotism....

HB

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I will be posting video later today with descriptions and photos. It was an incredible experience to see mother nature...Very scary also.

Mr. Lu

Was very scary yes, when everyone stands up infront of you and starts running and screaming, and you turn around to see another 1000 running away from the airstrip you wonder what the hell is happening....

is a helicopter falling from the sky? was there a crash? and then you see tents crashing down, the tarpaulins flapping in the wind and all you can think is I'm stood under another one... get out from under this now....

YouTube - Ventarron show aereo san isidro

YouTube - CAOS SHOW AEREO 2009 SAN ISIDRO

YouTube - CAOS SHOW AEREO 2009 SAN ISIDRO parte 2

Some of the bits I found on youtube this morning about it...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Gee I would like to have an air show. For a good charity. Do you think they will lend me an Air Base>>>????? Fundaci?n Nicole Fernandez???? Gimme abreakk.....ARRRGGGHH the agony of the corruption and graft and nepotism....

HB

It appears they had the same thing yesterday at the old airport here in Santiago, however, it was mostly a model airplane show.