Which one is best??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am booking a couple of nights at a resort for when my brother comes to visit in August. So far in POP, I have narrowed down to...
Sun Village Resort and Spa
Viva Wyndham Playa Dorada
Grand Oasis Marien

Please give me your experiences, good and bad. I will be making reservations this week.
Also, How much is a regular entrance into Ocean World, the resorts are charging $55 ea.
SHALENA

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am booking a couple of nights at a resort for when my brother comes to visit in August. So far in POP, I have narrowed down to...
Sun Village Resort and Spa
Viva Wyndham Playa Dorada
Grand Oasis Marien

Please give me your experiences, good and bad. I will be making reservations this week.
Also, How much is a regular entrance into Ocean World, the resorts are charging $55 ea.
SHALENA

We've stayed in the Viva, and the Grand Oasis Marien and they are both OK. If the price is close I wouls stay in the Grand Ventana Playa Dorada- better food and location.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The normal Ocean World entrance is $55US per adult and it is seldom discounted BUT if you have your cedula there is a lower rate for locals, AFAIK.

Since transportation is included the resort location is not much of an issue. Persaonally I would choose Iberostar Costa Dorada, Gran Ventana, one of the Rius or Grand Oasis Marien; in that order (and I've stayed at them all).

Gregg

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks everybody, I looked at all of the hotels and decided on Sun Village because it had been mentioned the most and the price was right.
I went on the Ocean World website and decided to book on there. Has anyone ever had any problems when booking on their site? Thanks so much, I will be booking everything tomorrow.
Thanks Guys,
SHALENA

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I stayed at the grand oasis when it was coral marien back in 05. I absolutely loved it!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
We had a great time at Sun Village! The beach was not the greatest but all in all we had a nice time. We went to Ocean world and that was great also, we will be going again in December but probably at another resort just to kind of test a few to see which one we like the best.
I have no complaints and was shocked to find hot water to shower with...usually when they say that they have hot water it is usually Dominican hot which is tepid to me!
Just wanted to let you know the outcome.
SHALENA
I tried to post pics in the gallery but it says my pics exceed file size limit and being technologically challenged, I do not know how to make them fit:ermm:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I would rate them in the following order:

Oassis Grand Marien (independent location ON the beach, quality rooms and food, renovated) and Sun Village Cofresi may be of similar level. The setting is very different though.
Viva Playa Dorada would be my second choice in category. Still, a chain with a reasonable quality and at times offering good deals price wise.

... J-D.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I would rate them in the following order:

Oassis Grand Marien (independent location ON the beach, quality rooms and food, renovated) and Sun Village Cofresi may be of similar level. The setting is very different though.
Viva Playa Dorada would be my second choice in category. Still, a chain with a reasonable quality and at times offering good deals price wise.

... J-D.

Yes, I think that we will try Grand Oasis Marien next in December...
SHALENA

Status
Not open for further replies.