I am flattened...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
...with the amount, the number of topics and the quality of available information here at DR1! And the kindness of the "DR1 population".

I am reading in the forums since a week now and a lot of questions are answered for me. Being in the DR since 1998, I use DR1 for its newsletter signed up years ago (forgetting my old sign in name, too), without ever discovering this unbelievable source of information and its community...

Well I am glad I am doing so now (discovering DR1) and I hope that I will be able with the time to give back to the forums, too.

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself, now it is back to browsing the forums...

Michael

Reactions: badpiece33

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It took me 4 years to find the forums, so I know the feeling!

Welcome to DR1 - look forward to your contributions here.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome! I hope I can contribute and give advice to others. But I am by no means an "allrounder" regarding things here in the DR, being more or less all my time here restricted to PP and Playa Dorada working, apart from my first 3 years in Luper?n and another in Sosua...

Hopefully I can help here, too. But I warn you, I am here looking for advice and answers, too :cheeky:

Last edited:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
How is the way to go?
In case I have questions to various themes, should I post them all hier in "my" thread? Or should I open a new one (thread) for each different question I might have? (After searching the message board, of course...)

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Like Mike

I think I am somewhat like you Mike in that I officially joined up for the newsletter in Sept. of 2007, although I would check it out from time to time, and at that time had no idea about the forums. Didn't find out about the forums until this past March, when a friend in the States who is a regular on this site asked me why I wasn't a part of it, I told him I was and finally he revealed to me about the forums in March. My first post happened in March.

As far as to where to post search the forum section, for the appriopriate topic you which to discuss and start your thread in that particular section of the forum. There are also catch all topics, in which you can post just about anything.

Welcome and good luck

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Now, that was quick! I will have certain questions too ask, and I have two questions to ask regarding something of what I want to make sure, it doesn't come over as spamming, should I pm a moderator with that before posting?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Now, that was qick! And good to hear I am not the only one....
I will have certain questions to ask, two of them which I do not want to come over here or getting regarded as spam, so would it be best to ask a moderator first before posting?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Now, that was qick! And good to hear I am not the only one....
I will have certain questions to ask, two of them which I do not want to come over here or getting regarded as spam, so would it be best to ask a moderator first before posting?

Welcome to the board!

Unless it is a link to your business, post away.

You don't have to walk on eggs here.

tambo'

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
OK, my first question is.

Note from mod;

questions were considered spam

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That would all be considered advertising or spam. Unless you're giving away puppies and such it's all spam and you need to pay for advertising to Robert@DR1.com

Easy to remember, if anyone is posting to make a peso it's all spam.;)

Last edited:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
OK, my other question is, does anybody can direct me to pictures of "El Cortecito" in Bavar? and "Plaza Internacional" in Santiago? Does anybody has a shop there or do rent one or space inside one? How are the prices there? (especially in El Cortecito)?

I did not find too much info about that, sorry if I have overlooked something...

Oh, and what is it with "Bronze" under my name and reputation points? Does one get a box Presidente reaching a certain amount of rep. points? :cheeky:

Reactions: Tamborista

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
...nevermind, found the answer to my reputation-related question, no presidente than, well... But, to my other questions I still looking forward to your replies, thanks.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
someone gave you points already - you must be popular, can I ask why you were flattened, did you mean flattered or did someone sit on you

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well

I am still flattened (literally) from the weight / mass / amount of information what I encountered here....and from the behaviour and the educated answers, it is so much different from other places, I like it....