Posting letters from UK

Al Bundy

Sep 4, 2008
Anyone know how long it takes for mail from the UK to arrive in the Dominican Republic? I was thinking of writing to someone we met last year to let them know we are coming over in September. Would they receive it in time? They live in POP if that makes any difference

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Anyone know how long it takes for mail from the UK to arrive in the Dominican Republic? I was thinking of writing to someone we met last year to let them know we are coming over in September. Would they receive it in time? They live in POP if that makes any difference

If sent via normal Royal Mail post it can take months.... if you can get your letter to my better half by Friday whilst he is in Dorset, am sure he will find room in his luggage and bring it to POP airport on Saturday when he returns home. Can then arrange for local delivery I am sure.

Letter would need to be in an unsealed envelope within the envelope you post to him as it would be an item 'not packed by himself' and therefore a possible issue.

Last edited:

Al Bundy

Sep 4, 2008
Whirleybird, I appreciate the offer but I'll just wait till I'm back over again. I haven't even written the thing yet :eek:

Cheers anyway ;)