Baby Formula

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hi all

Planning a trip to the DR with my 7 months old. I would like to know what kind of baby formula is available in the DR and where also how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Isabelle

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
La Sirena "Milex" 2 lbs around 350 Pesos / 10 Dollars, having different brands available...

La Sirena is the biggest supermarket in PP, at the Malecon.

Last edited:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
at la sirena they carried a large variety of formula.

definitely enfamil and similac are available for about 690 pesos per 790g can

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
I took a can of powder formula from home. Just added bottled water to it. I felt more comfortable not changing their formula while away from home.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
I took a can of powder formula from home. Just added bottled water to it. I felt more comfortable not changing their formula while away from home.

Hi Trig

I am bringing some but will be away for 3 weeks so I rather ask now then be there and run out.

Thanks everyone else too for the fast answers

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

We did the same thing when we took our grandson to Santo Domingo - brought several cans of powder formula in our carry ons. We were told by family there to only use Aqua Orbis [brand of water] to mix the formula - they sell it in all the supermarkets right along with the baby food & formula. It comes in gallon size, reasonable.

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
FYI,
The problem that I had was with baby food. I couldn't find anything other than fruit. No meat or pasta. Needless to say, after fruit for 4 days, the memory of what came out of that boy at the Atlanta airport will live with me forever! You may want to pack enough entree's for your baby and not worry about the fruit, there is plenty of that available.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
FYI,
The problem that I had was with baby food. I couldn't find anything other than fruit. No meat or pasta. Needless to say, after fruit for 4 days, the memory of what came out of that boy at the Atlanta airport will live with me forever! You may want to pack enough entree's for your baby and not worry about the fruit, there is plenty of that available.

Thanks I packed some cereals and veggie and meat