Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Some tips to beat the heat

    Here are some (hopefully useful) tips to beat the heat....

    How to Sleep Comfortably on a Hot Night - wikiHow

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why not post about how you are beating the heat these days while living in the DR. Starting a thread with a link could be seen as spam.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,815
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    Why not post about how you are beating the heat these days while living in the DR. Starting a thread with a link could be seen as spam.
    Thers's nothing spammy about that link.

    It's very useful.

  4. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yesterday I learned my lesson, I will NEVER post spammy links, just hopefully useful stuff

    I browse a lot and if I find something, what could be useful, I like to share it here to be a little of use here. I have asked and I will ask questions and for advice, so I just try to give back...
    Last edited by caribmike; 07-14-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Those do sound very useful...Will try some of them and see how they work!
    Nothing worse than waking up in the night tossing and turning from the heat!

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Yesterday I learned my lesson, I will NEVER post spammy links, just hopefully useful stuff

    I browse a lot and if I find something, what could be useful, I like to share it here to be a little of use here. I have asked and I will ask questions and for advice, so I just try to give back...

    Thanks Mike!

    Keep sharing.

    tambo'

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had my spam alert on full blast. All is fine, carry on

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ive learnt to take the doonie off and spread eagle myself naked whilst leaving the window open with wet socks on- this may keep intruders away as well

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    ive learnt to take the doonie off and spread eagle myself naked whilst leaving the window open with wet socks on- this may keep intruders away as well
    With wet socks on what? LOL

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Turn the A/C to FULL, the fan to Full, get under the blankets and sleep!!

    Actually, those are good tips...thanks for the link...I think that the damp sheet is maybe best, as it will work with or with out a fan...methinks...

    HB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •