i want a job!!!

loz8

Jul 14, 2009
hey im an english girl who really wants to get a job in puerto plata can anyone help??? or tell me how to go about it???? i dont speak much spanish but am willing to learn HELP!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You could try Cristal's or El Boheme, they are always looking for new talent! I doubt your language skills would be a hindurance.

terrible tambo'

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Young lady. I suppose you did a holiday here and liked the experience. Okay, fine and good.
For you to work here in other than strip tease or prostitution you need a skill set, education, something to offer.
there are tens of thousands of people that speak the language, work hard if pressed, and need the job to live.

Unless you can come up with a pretty impressive CV, I think you'd be best served to just do holidays here...

Cordially,

HB (You guys are funny, but I don't think she really understood the humor!!)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
...and what is it that impressed you so much about Puerto Plata that you want a job so bad? Let me take a wild guess...Does he work at a resort?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I believe there is a call centre in PP that needs English speakers. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll try and get you the number/contact details.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Also

Also the problem in working in the D.R., is that you get paid dominican wages which aren't that much. Hard to live here and need a job here, if you don't have a specific skill set, that the country could only get from you and expect any decent wages. Otherwise you are being paid below grunt wages, unless you open a business. That is why so many live here when they retire and have money in the bank, or a pension coming in from their motherland.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
D.R. - Low wages and relatively high unemployment.
Not a good combination.
You need a mentor - do you know anybody here?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Hey....HELP.

hey im an english girl who really wants to get a job in puerto plata can anyone help??? or tell me how to go about it???? i dont speak much spanish but am willing to learn HELP!!!

Well, at least you've found a good place to get lots of information.
Use the search button and read, read, read....
Shouting for help will not really get you much further.

Maria_bella

Oct 18, 2005
Whoa...chill..

Four years ago you were looking for a job in "the dominican".
Well, how did things go then?
Any suggestions for 'loz8'?

donP

Who are you to track me, you must really have nothing to do...and i have my own personal reasons as to what i do and when i do it...You certainly don't know anything about me and you don't seem like you want to help, so don't bother replying.
Thanks.