Using Bavaro Express bus to Punta Cana and which resort complex?

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
My husband and I have reservations at Barcel Dominican Beach (located in El Cortecito) for next week and when I went to check the prices I see they've dropped by $30 per night/per room so I was thinking of either staying there or looking at going to the Barcelo complex and booking at one of the hotels (for a slightly higher price).

We don't really care that you can visit all the various resorts in the complex as our goal is to relax but more importantly...which of the two places is easiest to get to using Bavaro express bus out of Santo Domingo?

Any suggestions?

I've done a search on for the bavaro express bus and have printed out the directions on where to grab the bus. If there is any more current information that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kali...:)

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
The express bus drives by both Barcelos but doesn't stop at either, since it is the Express. Depending on what route you take I would say that each hotel is equal distance to the Friusa...

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
To get from Friusa to the hotels do you need to hire a taxi or are there conchos that we can hop on? Walk?

Thanks

K

Jan 9, 2004
The Express Bavaro bus...

does indeed make hotel stops.

While I cannot answer for all the hotels, I have been on the bus when it stopped at Pueblo Bavaro, Villas Bavaro, the Barcelo Hotel complex, Palma Real shopping center and the Sol Melia/Cocotal.

Perhaps some of our full time Bavaro residents can give more specifics.

Enjoy your vacation, wherever you decide to stay!

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

d3ratch

Apr 3, 2004
kjdrga

@ the bus depot - cross the road and walk up to Friusa you can then catch the guagua local bus headed towards Elcorticito and get dropped off directly in front of the Barcelo Dominican hotel.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The express bus drives by both Barcelos but doesn't stop at either, since it is the Express. Depending on what route you take I would say that each hotel is equal distance to the Friusa...

who told ya that joke??
the Express bus does not pick up customers on it's way aside of the designated area/spot, but he will drop you off on it's way at each hotel entrance, including the barcelo dominican beach and the barcelo beach resort complex which been asked by the OP.
if you don't have the info, just don't give it, but don't give wrong info.
happy travels
Mike

btw,
aside the mentioned bavaro st dgo express line there's a better working line, and available every 20-25 minutes for departure from santo domingo to bavaro all day long.
you go in santo domingo to the Parque Enriquillo and take the bus to Higuey. in Higuey you leave that bus at it's final stop, that's the Parada for Bavaro. here you take the bus to bavaro and let the bus assistant know the name of your hotel, so they will drop you off right at the main entrance of the hotel. even switching the bus in higuey they are quicker than the expresso Bavaro-Santo Domingo line.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Thanks all for the advice...we took both the express and non express to and from Bavaro/Sto Dom. Going there we took a Higuey express from Parque Enriquillo cost $190pp. Then took the bus to Bavaro which passed right by the hotel cost $90pp.

On the way back we took a bus to the parada from the road outside the hotel $30pp. Then the express back to to SDQ $300pp which was able to leave us at the entrada de San Vicente since we live on that side of the city. Word on advice we were returning to Sto Dom on a Friday. If you are thinking about taking the express on a Fri/Sun make sure you are at the parada to buy your ticket early enough because the bus fills up quickly.

If we had thought about it we would have picked up the Higuey bus also on the autopista Las Americas instead of going into the city only to go back out past the house...but since we had a bola to the parque it was fine.

All in all the trips were quick 3.5-4 hours each way. Have to admit the movies were all violent which keep the hubbie entertained while I slept. Also even though I had a jacket the buses are fairly cold.

Will definitely use these bus routes again.

Last edited:

kaycee173

Sep 28, 2010
I have a couple of questions, maybe one you can help me:
I will be traveling to Punta Cana, to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana but i will be landing through SDQ (since flights are cheaper). I want to know if someone can give me directions to traveling from SDQ to Punta Cana. I was told to take bus expresso at Parque Enriquillo to Bavaro, Punta Cana ---this is the last stop and then take a cab to my hotel. If you have better directions, please let me know.

I also would like to know how far is the airport SDQ from Parque Enriquillo?

kjdrga, i see you mentioned prices, this is in dominican pesos correct? not USD.

I am trying to get as much information as possible as i will be traveling with my son and husband, both 1st timers to the Dominican Republic ---I am trying to also save $$$$. Thank you for any information i get.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You're better off going to the Expreso B?varo 'terminal' in Calle S?nchez Ram?rez, casi esquina M?ximo G?mez, Gazcue rather than to Parque Enriquillo. It's a little further but safer and the taxi fare from the airport will be the same and you're more likely to get seats. The taxi should cost about US$30, Expreso B?varo bus tickets are RD$325 each.