National blackout?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Apparently there is a national blackout, with no power anywhere in the country right now.

At least that is what we were told when we called the power company just now to ask how long the power would be out.

They said "the blackout is on a national level and we have no ETA for when the lights will be back on"

I hope its not true, and I hate to be starting a panic if it is, does anyone out there know anything?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
well, here in PP they told us, they are cutting the trees, than it came back for 10 (!) minutes, now it is gone again, maybe now it is nationwide blackout, because they cutting trees all over... ;-)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Nice to know Jarabacoa isn't in the country...;)

...maybe the blackout just hasn't arrived up there by now? :paranoid:

if this continues I might refer to my thread "beat the heat" again, just forget anything about the tips including anything powered by electricity...

Serious, I am afraid this will continue the whole week...

alabemos

Dec 15, 2004
If only they were at night...

If they are going to have widespread blackouts, I wish they would do it at night. I can remember years ago when we used to have pretty much city-wide (Santo Domingo) blackouts.
It's so beautiful when you can actually see the stars without the light pollution!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Apparently there is a national blackout, with no power anywhere in the country right now.

At least that is what we were told when we called the power company just now to ask how long the power would be out.

They said "the blackout is on a national level and we have no ETA for when the lights will be back on"

I hope its not true, and I hate to be starting a panic if it is, does anyone out there know anything?
I had a notice yesterday in a flyer dropped at my door by elec company saying work would be done here in colonial zone today until 5pm...so no elec from 8 to 5..we will see...

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I am on an e-mail list from Edenorte for when they plan on doing work in our area. I get a message like this

"Buenos D?as,

Estimado cliente le informamos que para ma?ana, martes, habr? una interrupci?n en el servicio el?ctrico por seis horas desde las 9:30 a.m. hasta las 3:30 p.m. y en consecuencia se ver?n afectados los siguientes sectores; La Mulata (1,2,3 Y 4), Playa Laguna, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mirona, y El Choco.

Nota: este descargo es para realizar trabajos en la adecuaci?n de las redes.

Dese?ndoles un excelente d?a, "

However, I don't always get notices, especially the last 2 months.! It took a lot of pleading to get on the mailing list, so I don't know if I can get anyone else on the list or not. PM me if you want me to try. This is for the Sosua area and is usually quite accurate in the time frame.

Feb 7, 2007
Whole Higuey went down at about 11.30 am, (about 8 circuits), not back on when I last checked back home 20 minutes ago.

When I called EdeEste I was also informed about the "national blackout"

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Power still out in Julieta, Naco and Piantini, that's 5hrs so far today.
Sure hope it's not the same as yesterday, for a total of around 15hrs.

Executive Vice President of the Dominican State-run Electricity Companies (CDEEE) Radhames Segura is with Leonel right now in the middle-east, I guess he's doing some serious sucking up! I wonder if he's been accompanied by the other 40 members of his family that work, sorry, I mean collect pay checks at the CDEEE?

That's a serious amount of saliva for Leonel to deal with ;)

Reactions: AlaninDR