Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On no! Not in New York City, too!!??

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/ny...html?th&emc=th

The story tells of NYC Councilman Miguel Martinez, who represents the upper part of Manhattan...yes, the Dominican part...I do believe he is Dominican.

Just goes to show:

1) You don't get away with this schitt in organized society--at least not for long...
    2) Dominican pols are the same the world over...at least it is looking that way...

Not to paint with too wide a brush...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Read that he resigned his post. I suspect in the DR he would've played musical chairs until landing another gov job to pull off yet another "heist".

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

he would not resign or do anything before not pointed at him by Nuria!

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

The story tells of NYC Councilman Miguel Martinez, who represents the upper part of Manhattan...yes, the Dominican part...I do believe he is Dominican.

Just goes to show:

1) You don't get away with this schitt in organized society--at least not for long...
    2) Dominican pols are the same the world over...at least it is looking that way...

HB
    I am convinced it's in the Dominican culture to abuse power and steal once you have power. Just look at the list of corrupt politicians and business people. Somtimes I feel as if everyone is out to scam you for a buck down there!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Martinez is Dominican and I always felt he was a thief, guess now he proved my suspicions correct.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    Martinez is Dominican and I always felt he was a thief, guess now he proved my suspicions correct.
    At least he's not practicing dentistry in the DR while elected to office in the states...

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    At least he's not practicing dentistry in the DR while elected to office in the states...
    Whatever happened to wonderful Senator Williams?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

...and the list goes on and on...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

Just goes to show:

HB
    If you think he is bad, bad is the one who is runnning for this new opening

Oscar Zorrilla - NYC Council Member - District 15

This guy in his younger years was a drug dealer and now has the support of the illegal gambling community in the Bronx and Washington high. God help us. And now to make thing interesting, Linares wants to run again for this position that he hold before.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Tigre View Post
    I am convinced it's in the Dominican culture to abuse power and steal once you have power. Just look at the list of corrupt politicians and business people. Somtimes I feel as if everyone is out to scam you for a buck down there!
    It is crazy how some think.

I had a Dominican steal money from me etc. and he dissapeared and never answered my calls. When i put the word out of his doings, i then received a call from him stating that i have hurt his business as many people will not use his tour service because they heard of the theft. He did not deny the theft, just said that he is going to get me back for hurting his biz.He was literally offended and felt stealing from a gringo with more money than he was not theft yet normal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast