Pool Putty

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Anyone know where to get pool putty or a similar thing. I have a leak at the bottom of my concrete pool where the filter is set in (hope that makes sense)
Pool is empty for painting but as water table is high its leaking in where the seal is gone, so need something that sets in water.

I have been to all the pool shops between Cabarete and Sosua with no luck.
Will be in Santiago in the next day or so.

Or if anyone is coming from the states to north coast I would be happy to buy you a drink if you could bring a few tubes of pool putty, about 10 bucks in the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help or advice appreciated.
Kim

B

BettyDiamond

its a available at the pool place next to el choco restaurant ...or if your crack is small so to speak i can slice you a portion off mine- it can be used under water and its a two part thing

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Went there yesterday Betty and they had none, and they were not too friendly either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need enough to seal around bottom filter, I guess its about 12 inchs round, it just has small cracks where the silicon has come out. Sure lets in lots of filthy water though, LOL

If you can spare some I would be very gratefull, I am wilting without the pool. I will get some bought back from the States but wont be for about 6 weeks,
Cheers Kim

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Repair Cement

Get "waterplug" hydraulic cement.
It expands while setting (even under water).
I bought a tin in SD, ferreter?a Americana.
Got half a tin left.