Everything going great.. re- coming to Canada

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
my wife is adjusting well. We got the internet service installed in our new apartment in montreal today and the cable service will be installed saturday. My wife started going to a french course in montreal about 2 weeks ago and we are still waiting on the course that quebec sets up for all new immigrants because there is a huge lineup we need to wait to get into the course.

We are also still waiting for all the medicare docs and card but she has her SIN and will open a bank account tomorrow.

regarding my case, I had to wait about 16 months until I got an immigration agent directly from Port au prince to work in my case and close it out. After i got that person, everything went smoothly like I dreamt all the time I was waiting for my wife....

she got in canada last June 6th and we have been living a great life here with our new apartment and all that stuff.

for those of you still waiting, please just give it time... they will get to work on your cases and finish it before the deadline... its just that there are many people applying and it gets very tough for them to answer 10000000000 questions all day about 1000000000000 cases they are working on....

and by the way... I became a canadian citizen today... will be getting my passport soon as well...

all the best to you guys!

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
thanks for sharing your story, waiting is very difficult and its nice to hear some wonderful success stories. congratulations to you and your wife. congrats on your citizenship also :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Carlos,

glad everything is going well for you and your wife!!!! Congrats on becoming a Canadian Citizen - a very exciting summer for you!!!

Carolathompson,
you do no have to be a Canadian citizen to sponsor someone - Permanent Residents can be a sponsor.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats on getting your citizenship Carlos and wishing you and your wife all the best.

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Congratulations Carlos on becoming a citizen. All the best to you and your wife and your new home in Canada. Montreal is a great place in the summer, just make sure you get some warm clothes, and looking at this summer, pronto.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Congratulations Carlos!!! On everything - your citizenship and your wife coming to Canada! Great news, it sounds like you are both settling in very well!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Congratulations Carlos!
Great things come to those who wait!! So happy things are going well for you both!

Reactions: AnnaC