Tow bar?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'm thinking about buying a boat. The one I have in mind comes with a trailer, but I don't have the tow bar and ball on my jeep.

Where can I find a tow bar for my '04 Landcruiser Prado? I know it's quite a basic kit as it just bolts on to the iron girder that makes the rear bumper, under the plastic cover. I've seen them for sale on the internet in England for example, for about 80 quid, but I think that the postage would be prohibitive due to it's weight.

I've tried Delta commercial, supposedly the only official Toyota dealer in this country, but they don't have one.

And what is it called in Spanish?

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I would go to a auto adorno and ask for equipo de remolque, or pop in to a boat/motorcycle store and ask them. They'll probably "hook you up".;)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
in spanish it's called "una bola", "para conectar un trailer".
they are available in 3 different sizes, the same sizes used in other countries, i.e. in the US.
go to any car trash selling place and they will have one in the wished size for sale.
it is one of the most usual car assessories around.
the connectors to the cars rear are universal stuff, not brand/model specific, there are very few variations.
Mike

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
in "DOMINICAN" it is called a "HALON"

most auto adornos will have then for your LC, or "un hierrero" can fit you one up, the auto adornos will run between 7,000 to 12,000.00 pesitos.

wayne jackson

May 11, 2009
buying boat

hi there im from england just bought a place in cabarete which i try to come out to the dr as much as possible but im trying to buy a boat but not having any luck do you know any boat dealers or web sites where i can look cheers