How does one get UASD's administration to work?

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
Any suggestions on how to get UASD's administration in Santo Domingo to perform a normal function of a university - specifically, to produce an official transcript for a student?

We first requested one almost a year ago for my wife, who has been trying to transfer from UASD (Santiago) to PUCMM (also in Santiago); her major is medicine.

Apparently, UASD recently changed their "system," and so all they have been able to produce is a record of her first semester's grades. Although the following three semesters are available online, the administration is incapable or unwilling to provide a complete transcript.

We've already been to the Santo Domingo office of UASD 3 times in person to try and take care of this, but apparently only one person in the entire university can generate transcripts, and he is always "not available." We can't reach him via telephone, and despite frequent requests to the administrators in UASD's campus in Santiago, they say they cannot do anything to help us - they can't even call the UASD campus for us.

My wife has been taking classes at PUCMM since January 2009, but now they are refusing to allow her to register for classes for the August semester because they have not received a full, legalized transcript.

We've also been to SEESCyT, to try and get a legalized copy of the transcript, but they can't do anything until UASD actually produces the transcript.

I believe there are many other students with the same problem (i.e., those who have tried to transfer to any other university from UASD), but the ones we talk to don't seem all that motivated to begin with, and don't seem to care if they can't attend their chose university any longer.

Any suggestions on how to get an official transcript from UASD are very welcome.

Thanks!

cuas

May 29, 2006
They had an office in NY, in Manhattan. Many many years ago I use their services. What I could not get in Santo Domingo, I got it in NY. I paid in dollars but it was worth it. Maybe you can call the UASD and ask them for the contact # in NY and maybe you can ask for expedited service.
Just a thought. I know you are in RD.

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
Thanks cuas, I'll try to find a contact number. It doesn't matter to us which UASD office we get the transcript from, we just need to get it. I searched via Google and couldn't find anything. The UASD Santiago records office couldn't (or wouldn't) give us a number or contact for Santo Domingo (to allow us to try and set up an appointment), so I doubt we'll have much luck getting a number for NY either...