Revistas 2009

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
Hi,
I live in Sosua. Does anyone know if the new revistas are available for 2009. Any info would be appreciated.

Crane

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Yes, been out for a month or more.

"Out of Service" perhaps.....

Just came from BanReservas today, they are not selling the Revistas.

Even tried the bank BanReservas next door to Obra Publica (sp), where you get the actual revista, just to be sure.

Don

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I haven't yet seen any announcements in newspapers, but then I could have missed it. Marbetes, on the other hand, came out about a month ago because I went and got mine as soon as they did.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I bought mine today at Bank of America in Sosua. It's next door to me, so convenient. It's opposite Banco Popular if anyone is interested!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This thread is about the REVISTA sticker.
No wonder people get confused so many times.... :tired:

No confusion if they actually read the thread - my post followed on from Lambada's who mentioned that Marbetes were already available, while Revistas were not.

I suppose I could always change the thread title....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I suppose I could always change the thread title....

I don't think there's any need to change it. Maybe Robert could confirm whether he was referring to revistas or marbetes? If he was referring to revistas then we've missed the announcement and SD is ahead of the rest of the country. SantiagoDR seems to confirm no revistas on sale in Santiago............

The DGTT website is not a lot of help :cheeky: the last info on there is 2006-7
Bienvenidos a la DGTT

I'm not sure what they're selling 'en la calle' either. If new revistas aren't yet printed how would street vendors know what it looks like to be able to fake it?

Either way, no need for anyone to panic :cheeky: there will be a time period to get revistas when they become available and AMET won't be able to pounce until that time period elapses.

Aug 21, 2007
No revistas on sale in the BanReserva in Sosua. I ran out right after reading Robert's post.......They told me revistas are not yet available.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... Either way, no need for anyone to panic :cheeky: there will be a time period to get revistas when they become available and AMET won't be able to pounce until that time period elapses.

Only problem with that Lambada is for those that leave the D.R. for vacation and such. When they come back the grace period could be over and they have to sweat being pulled over by the AMET.

Guess they will have to carry their boarding pass until they get the revista in that case to argue with AMET for a ticket break. ;)

After reading Robert's post, I gathered all my documents to get the needed copies and headed to BanReservas and told the cashier there that she must be wrong, I heard it on DR1 ;) lol

Don

Cantaloulou

Feb 19, 2008
revista (none in La Romana)

Wow, now I feel bad!!! I chewed off my husband's head last month because I asked him to go buy our revista (which according to when I bought it last year in August was due Aug. 30th, 2009) BUT he came back home with the marbete!!! I chewed him up because our pesos are tight and I knew we had until the end of november for the marbete!!! Now I realize, he really truly could not buy the revista at BanReservas... Thinks, apologies are in order for my hubby tonight!!!