Pizza Hut Special -- Playa Dorado

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
On Mondays and Fridays before 3 pm, Pizza Hut is offering 3 Medium Pies with 1 topping for $RD 200 each. Take out only.

Great for the freezer and the best way to re heat is by placing the pizza directly on your oven rack in the middle on high heat for that crispy crust.

If you try to re heat pizza by placing the slices on a cookie sheet you will not get the crispy crust.

Remember to defrost and bring up to temperature before using this method.

Enjoy ! ! !

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Had their pizza yesterday and was surprised to see 48 peso charge for extra cheese, which we didn't order. Was told by manager that basic pizza doesn't come with cheese so the charge is automatically added, even if you don't specify you want cheese or not. Pizza without cheese, what will they think of next!

a11gmain

Jul 13, 2009
Had their pizza yesterday and was surprised to see 48 peso charge for extra cheese, which we didn't order. Was told by manager that basic pizza doesn't come with cheese so the charge is automatically added, even if you don't specify you want cheese or not. Pizza without cheese, what will they think of next!

So the extra cheese charge is for the basic cheese charge then.. Another only in the DR

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007

A charge for the pizza box LOL!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I've never had any luck with freezing their pizzas. The freezer pull all of the Moisture out, which makes for a pretty dry pizza the next day.

I take the individual slices and wrap them in plastic wrap and it works just fine.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
How do you freeze or reheat pizza in a country where the electricity is non-existant? (I guess you could reheat it by putting it out on the sidewalk)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
BBQ....pizza on the grill if you make the dough yourself and roast your veggies which makes a great pie .

Who needs electricity for Pizza?

Some people wrap their lunch in aluminimum foil and place it under the hood of their car so it is warmed up for later use.

Improvise and delegate so there is no need to master debate!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
BBQ....pizza on the grill if you make the dough yourself and roast your veggies which makes a great pie .

Who needs electricity for Pizza?

Some people wrap their lunch in aluminimum foil and place it under the hood of their car so it is warmed up for later use.

Improvise and delegate so there is no need to master debate!

Some people are really really crazy LOL, I would never put my food near car oil, radiator's coolant and battery acid (then again who knows if it will give more taste to the slice ;)). Ya a ese nivel echale un toquecito de liquido Power Steering para que quede en su punto:D

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
They will force you to eat it there, but then it would not be a takeout and the offer goes down the toilet LOL. En este paisito se ven bainas....

No one is making you eat there.

I just posted a special in case any one was interested and you old farts are so negative I will never do this again!

Aloha..

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
No one is making you eat there.

I just posted a special in case any one was interested and you old farts are so negative I will never do this again!

Aloha..

What?? I was just joking on what Thandie said that then they would charge you about the box, and how will you carry out a hot pizza without a box?? Posted that in a very amusing manner, no amount of negativity passed through my mind, in any case thanks for the offer tip. I will certainly check it out if the offer is also here in Santo Domingo.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
What?? I was just joking on what Thandie said that then they would charge you about the box, and how will you carry out a hot pizza without a box?? Posted that in a very amusing manner, no amount of negativity passed through my mind, in any case thanks for the offer tip. I will certainly check it out if the offer is also here in Santo Domingo.

Ok Fair Enough... Radiator Beef Stew is to Die For.

Recipe upon request

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

Yeah, I've heated MREs like that...we also use the tail pipe. My concern was since the DR does not have consistant electricity, how do the freezers stay frozen for later use...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Yeah, I've heated MREs like that...we also use the tail pipe. My concern was since the DR does not have consistant electricity, how do the freezers stay frozen for later use...

If you don't open the freezer it will keep goods frozen for several days or longer. Usually power outages only last hours and the goods don't defrost.

Gregg