Taxi from Punta Cana Airport

V

Vanessa (Canada)

Does anyone know how much a taxi from Punta Cana Airport to the Melia Tropical resort (or close by) would cost? Also, if we were to land late at night would there still be taxi's available at the airport (a shuttle bus is not included in our package)?

Thanks

R

Ray Modesto

Vanessa,

I can not belive that your airport transferes were not included on your vacation package.

I can offer you a round trip transfer for USD$20 Per person.

If you would like to for us to set that up for you just e-mail me you airline flight information.

Ray Modesto
Amigos Tours, Inc.

V

Vanessa

Our airport transfers were not included because we are staying at the resort,for no charge. So, we are only purchasing air tickets, which do not include transfers. We travel to Dominican Republic every year...and this price seems a little high($40us per couple round trip) for a taxi ride, only traveling 20 minutes. Is there any reason you are charging so much? Someone else has e-mail me, informing us that we can take a taxi for MUCH cheaper. Thank you for your time anyway, but I think I will contact the resort and ask them how much I should be paying.

If anyone else can inform me of the general cost they have paid, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

G

Gary

Hi Vanessa; the $20US is the "Posted" taxi rate for the majority of hotels from the airport! Taxis are just expensive in the DR compared to Mexico. You can try bargaining, but the whole reason for the posting of rates is to let everyone know what the rates are. Hope this helps.Gary

V

Vanessa

Thank you so much for your information. I have since contacted the resort, in which they have informed me the same.

Thanks again.