Computer - soldering job needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
My laptop does not charge because the connection inside the computer is bad. Only thing I need is a guy that can handle electronics and has a soldering tong... anyone knows of a reliable guy in Sosua/Cabarete area.

Thank you in advance.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Ramon in the Computer shop behind Baileys in Sosua. Thats what he does.

Fishguy

Oct 22, 2006
Ramon in the Computer shop behind Baileys in Sosua.

No offence to this guy Ramon (I don't know him), but I've found that computer store to be the biggest ripoff around.

A while back I went shopping for an LCD monitor. I found a Dell at CeduComp for 8000 pesos. The same model at that computer store was 13000 pesos. I told the sales person about the difference and all they did is laugh and repeat "13000 pesos".

I've talked to a lot of people about computer hardware/software in my time here. I tell them the same thing: "Avoid the ripoff place behind Bailey's".

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
No offence to this guy Ramon (I don't know him), but I've found that computer store to be the biggest ripoff around.

A while back I went shopping for an LCD monitor. I found a Dell at CeduComp for 8000 pesos. The same model at that computer store was 13000 pesos. I told the sales person about the difference and all they did is laugh and repeat "13000 pesos".

I've talked to a lot of people about computer hardware/software in my time here. I tell them the same thing: "Avoid the ripoff place behind Bailey's".

Look, I know nothing about either of these stores, but a single price comparison does not make a "ripoff place." Have you found this to be a consistent trend? Is one selling opened/returned/refabricated goods and the other new goods?

With electronics even a few extra features can make even very similar models price differently.

Even if the goods in question are identical, there could be differences of service and warranty, and besides, a single quote does not necessarily make a trend.

Of course, you may be completely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.