hair extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

babiigiirl

Jul 20, 2009
I will be traveling to Santiago in a couple of days and I was looking for hair salon in Santiago that does hair extensions. If anyone does kno of any places could you also include an estimate of how much it might cost.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
extensions

My sister in law does it in puerto plata if you are anyone around here. I am not sure about price but would expect 3000 pesos

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My wife could tell you for Puerto Plata, which is not far away, but in Santiago, sorry...

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
If you are presently in America/Canada/Europe buy the hair there and bring it with you. Its cheaper and you will have a wider selection of quality/types.

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
Hair Extensions

Try Lucy's Salon in Costambar, in front of Jenny's Market. It is near Puerto Plata but on the Santiago side of the city. If necessary, Lucy will accompany you to Puerto Plata to buy the hair for extensions and any other accesories needed.
809-970-7522
809-493-0483

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I will be traveling to Santiago in a couple of days and I was looking for hair salon in Santiago that does hair extensions. If anyone does kno of any places could you also include an estimate of how much it might cost.

Maura's salon and also she sells the hair...I am going to find out her phone number and the correct address...

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
babiigiirl:
Maura's salon phone # is 809-581-4084
she is located in the center of the city of Santiago...
by the Puente Hnos Patino...but she does hair extension with the Glue...
and she sells "real hair"..natural hair...I don't know much about the subject, please feel free to call and ask for MAURA and she will help you...It is a good salon....
I saw a beautiful job done with hair extensions...

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
my dominican girl friend called me and she said she wants hair extentensions. She is living in Santiago and she told me hair extensions costs 16.000 pesos there and it lasts for three years. Is she trying to rip me off? I was so suprised, so expensive, this can't be true???.... I have totaly no idea how much it costs...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
my dominican girl friend called me and she said she wants hair extentensions. She is living in Santiago and she told me hair extensions costs 16.000 pesos there and it lasts for three years. Is she trying to rip me off? I was so suprised, so expensive, this can't be true???.... I have totaly no idea how much it costs...

BREAK up with her immediatley dude....top of the line imported real chinese stuff at a fancy salon is $RD3500.

Most cueros pay $RD1200 for the Barbie hair installed and styled!

Reactions: Celt202

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Ok, she is lying, i am not gonne pay that, those chica's are so loca if they think we believe all their stories....

SuzanneCouchman

Jan 24, 2011
HI,
I currently manage a Trade Secrets Store in Canada equivalent to Glamour Secrets in the US, 27 years experience doing hair.
I sell human hair, and heat friendly fibres, hair extensions.
In Canada, the cost for a full head of Clip in Extensions ( which I actually think is less damaging on the hair) sell from $149.00 for 14" to $200 Canadian Dollars. for 18".
Human hair is always better, look for Lovely Lengths, or perfect pieces.
Heat friendly fibres are fine also, if you are just wanting more fullness in your hair.
My experience with Fused in, or glued or bonded extensions, only cause damage and add a lot of stress to your own hair, resulting in hair loss when they are removed. I"m not sure about weaves, i have no experience with them.

I would imagine, living in the heat of the Dominican, a nice option would be to take them out easily at the end of the day.

There is also another option, they are called, boostias, or hair poofs.
a small cap sits on the crown of your head, and the extensions fall from it...this adds volume and length, easily while being able to blend the bangs and side of your own hair in, to make it look more natural.

any questions, PM me.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

I have had and know probably all type of weaves ;). I have never heard about hair extensions that lasted more than a few months.

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
ok, thanks, now i am sure she's lying. I already told her i am not paying one pesos for her hair. She took it quite well....

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcoMzyPVT9M?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcoMzyPVT9M?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
ok, thanks, now i am sure she's lying. I already told her i am not paying one pesos for her hair. She took it quite well....

Dump her. She is working the thinktank with her girlfriends right now to give you another story next week. Heads up: the one about needing 20,000pesos to buy a fistful of magic beans isnt real.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
babiigiirl:
Maura's salon phone # is 809-581-4084
she is located in the center of the city of Santiago...
by the Puente Hnos Patino...but she does hair extension with the Glue...
and she sells "real hair"..natural hair...I don't know much about the subject, please feel free to call and ask for MAURA and she will help you...It is a good salon....
I saw a beautiful job done with hair extensions...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am looking for a hair salon who does hair extensions with glue and real hair.
The salon here above seems to do it but I am not sure if it still exists (no connection with phone).
Or is there a hair salon on the North Coast that anybody know off that does these kind of extensions?

Thank you!

Acira

Status
Not open for further replies.