Sky Tours Transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich00

Jul 20, 2009
Hello all, I've been reading through the forums for the past few months in preparation for my fiancee and my honeymoon trip the the DR sept 26th. We will be flying in to POP around noon, heading to Sun Village. The resort recommended a company called Sky Tours Transfers to pick us up and take us back to the airport. Their price is 134usd round trip for both of us. I can't find any info on the company and was just trying to get an idea of how good they are and how good that price is. My fiancee feels more comfortable with this kind of arrangement over a taxi, but I am a little more open to better suggestions. Any help someone could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Rob

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hello all, I've been reading through the forums for the past few months in preparation for my fiancee and my honeymoon trip the the DR sept 26th. We will be flying in to POP around noon, heading to Sun Village. The resort recommended a company called Sky Tours Transfers to pick us up and take us back to the airport. Their price is 134usd round trip for both of us. I can't find any info on the company and was just trying to get an idea of how good they are and how good that price is. My fiancee feels more comfortable with this kind of arrangement over a taxi, but I am a little more open to better suggestions. Any help someone could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Rob

Take the Taxi and don't pay more than $20 - $50 Day rate vs Night rate...they really do try to rip off the tourists here don't they!

Reactions: caribmike

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The posted rate is $45US each way for up to four or five passengers (I never can remember this). Good luck getting it for less but please try.

Gregg

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks!

Rob

Where are you arriving from and do you speak Spanish?

I ask because I have an excellent taxi I use from the Techni Taxi company and for the cost of a quick long-distance phone call prior, you can set it up with him for a reasonable price.

Feel free to PM me for his contact details.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
If you don't have a re-booked taxi just make sure that you agree the price before you get into a taxi at the airport, it's the difference between a negotiation before and an arguement after!
Congrats on the approaching wedding!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Sky Tours is owned by Sun Village. US$134 is a rip off, unless its a limo with champagne service, which I highly doubt.

The other rip off is the regular union taxi at US$45.

I doubt that the taxi union mafia will allow a Techni-taxi at the airport, but its possible. I know that Techni-taxi is not allowed to pick up passengers in areas like Costambar and Cofresi, it can only take people there.

I have heard of a Techni-taxi driver getting pulled out of the car and beaten with a baseball bat, by union members, right here in Cofresi.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Tecni-Taxi can pick up passengers at the airport if they are called. I do it all the time. They are not allowed to linger on the off chance that they might pick up a fare, however.

ich00

Jul 20, 2009
Thanks for the help everyone! We're arriving from Newark, NJ and we do not speak spanish, I am trying to learn however, but by no means will I be fluent. Is the best bet to try and get a taxi outside of the airport property? If so how far off property do you have to get to be away from the "union" guys?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just take the airport taxi for the posted rate & make life easy, you can try for less! They take USD and speak enough English to get you safely to your resort. Learn a few Spanish numbers and negotiate them down a little, or at least try, $45 is a bit high.

Make friends with a Bartender or Sanky that has a brother with a car and negotiate the ride back for even less!

Status
Not open for further replies.