Condo/Apartment/Villa wanted....January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyeti

Jul 20, 2009
I'm looking for a nice condo/apartment 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom w/sofa bed...within walking distance (1 k or less) of Sosua and a gym/fitness center for a period of early January to early February 2010...one month.
I'll tell you, I've been quoted prices from 3500 plus utilities at Las Terrazas which seems ridiculous to 1600.00 plus electric at Ocean Village--but I need to leave another 1600.00 on deposit for incidentals...wanna bet how much of that I'd get back at the end of the month?
All I've been reading is that condo owners are having a tough time renting and all I'm seeing is that everyone wants max price still? My budget is 1.5k/2K for the month including taxes/electric/cable etc..
So, if anyone has any ideas or knows of a nice place or knows someone...PLEASE let me know.

murilka

Nov 6, 2008
.... if you keep telling ppl how much you have to spend.... this will be exact amount they will want to charge....

fuzzyeti

Jul 20, 2009
That's why it's my budget...I'm willing to spend that for a nice place. I'm not willing to pay 3500.00 for a place worth 1500.00. I'm not out to milk someone...I want a nice place.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Its a renters market right now. The market is flat and large villa owners are hurting, the smart ones will negotiate.

fuzzyeti

Jul 20, 2009
I haven't felt that at all...everyone seems to be reaching for the moon. I could rent in St. Maarten for the prices I'm being asked...lol. Hey maybe I will...jk

If you know anywhere nice for rent reasonable Robert please pm me....Thanks!

fuzzyeti

Jul 20, 2009
Now, I've been quoted 3500.00 plus utilities at Hispaniola Villas...a whopping 84.00 discount from the daily price BUT I'd have to pay utilities!

Yikes...any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.