Me voy!

evenyc

Dec 10, 2008
So am heading back to Santo for a few weeks to start my wedding prep! I haven't visited in close to 10 yrs YIKES! So what's new? I hear there's a freaking train and an Ikea!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have a Metro, 1 line, useless for 95% of the population.
Ikea is scheduled to open at the end of this year.

A lot has changed in 10 years, be prepared to spend a
long time in traffic :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You will not recognize the place. Its a completely different country in almost every aspect.

-NALs

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

You will not recognize the place. Its a completely different country in almost every aspect.

-NALs

Not really. Everything is still pretty much the same. Except for a few new buildings, nicer cars, a metro and some other stuff, the DR is still the DR.

Mr. Lu

Reactions: Adrian Bye

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Where

-NALs

They have lights in Conn. Nals? because we don't here. and they have finally admitted that it the gov not the capacity, wonder of wonders.
Black top is still full of holes, kids are still only going 4 hrs a day to school, more traffic, but less work.

Right different country, move back down here

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
AH, I think the METRO is a really cool tourist attraction. I would not have gone if my sister had not made me. It is amazingly clean since there is no food at all allowed in the train. And there is NO CROWDING allowed at all even if you want to, and of course the Dominicans are used to crowding in but there are special Metro police to stop that. And the Train goes high up over the city and that is beautiful. Now if only there were a GIANT HELADOS BON at the end of the LINE so that we could have sat and had ice creams it would have been great.

I do think that the ad showing the metro and playing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus from the Messiah was in very poor taste though, Leonel, just my two pesos!

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
AH, I think the METRO is a really cool tourist attraction. I would not have gone if my sister had not made me. It is amazingly clean since there is no food at all allowed in the train. And there is NO CROWDING allowed at all even if you want to, and of course the Dominicans are used to crowding in but there are special Metro police to stop that. And the Train goes high up over the city and that is beautiful. Now if only there were a GIANT HELADOS BON at the end of the LINE so that we could have sat and had ice creams it would have been great.

I do think that the ad showing the metro and playing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus from the Messiah was in very poor taste though, Leonel, just my two pesos!

I used to think the metro was a great idea. Until these general black outs due to non payment. I still think it is a good idea to have a mass transit system and although it doesn't serve all of the population you need to start some where. The only thing is that now I feel that it should have taken a back seat to the electrical system.

?

? bient?t

OMG NALS LIVES IN CT!!!!!!! IN THE USA???????

You're Kidding??

What does he come here for a week? Two weeks?

OH NALS!! you are SOOO BUSTED!!!

NALs left the D.R. in the mid-1980s and has never been back. And thanks to the Internet and Wikis, he can "stay in touch" and search for pictures of Piantini and stuff. He's what they call a "virtual visitor."

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
So am heading back to Santo for a few weeks to start my wedding prep! I haven't visited in close to 10 yrs YIKES! So what's new? I hear there's a freaking train and an Ikea!

Any chance the wedding will be in the freaking train?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
NALs left the D.R. in the mid-1980s and has never been back. And thanks to the Internet and Wikis, he can "stay in touch" and search for pictures of Piantini and stuff. He's what they call a "virtual visitor."

Diablo te pasaste, jajajaja, Nals defiendete....

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

Was he deported from the DR?

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Why is everyone going after NALs? Did he do something to merit the abuse or is this just a public bandwagon flogging?

Mr. Lu

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Let's stop abusing poor NALs and get back to abusing the original poster, jejejeje.

Lo siento, but you would tell the people in your building or office there "me voy" or "I'm leaving". In this case you are addressing us here, and should properly say "Ya voy" or "I'm coming". jajajaja

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Silly!

The title of the thread is "me voy" and Abusing NALS....

Don't you see the connection??

I sure as hell don't....

I'll tell you what the connection is; check in every thread where the subject of racial discrimination in DR has been talked about in this forum and you'll see where the hate comes from. Using good debating techniques, excellent researching, and lot of class the guy has kicked more foreign butts than a Dominican should be allowed to, the score is like 500 to zero in favor of Nals, is a beauty to read his posts.