RN pay?

hjvkm

Oct 8, 2002
Hello.
Ihave been an RN for over 30 years. What is the pay per norm a month.
I work in the E.R
Thanks

Feb 7, 2007
About 150-200 dollars a month in a state hospital and 300-400 dollars in a private clinic in a big city (Santo Domingo, Santiago) or tourist area (Punta Cana).

Kamehameha

Jul 20, 2009
About 150-200 dollars a month in a state hospital and 300-400 dollars in a private clinic in a big city (Santo Domingo, Santiago) or tourist area (Punta Cana).

That is a question I've been asking myself too. Thank you rubio_higuey for the info!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
public hospitals

If you saw them you would be horrified. For example, no sheets on the cots, no meds - patients have to buy their own. On the night I was there we saw a women suffering with kidney stones and they did not have an infusion set. We bought one for her as we had to make the trip across the street to the farmacia to buy for our friend. Public health care here is dismal. You frequently see people in the street with deformed limbs from improperly set broken bones. There is just no money for public health. It is a thoroughly depressing situation. Even in the private clinics you have to be careful. My wife worked as a nurse for five years in a clinic and she was told by the doctors to wash the used latex gloves with soap and water and hang them up to dry for use the next day.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Even in the private clinics you have to be careful. My wife worked as a nurse for five years in a clinic and she was told by the doctors to wash the used latex gloves with soap and water and hang them up to dry for use the next day.

Scary!
Latex gloves are ONLY pennies a piece. What else are they doing to cut corners?
My biggest fear while I was in the DR was having to go to a clinic.
After what I saw in one of the best private clinics in POP, while visiting someone.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
If you saw them you would be horrified. For example, no sheets on the cots, no meds - patients have to buy their own. On the night I was there we saw a women suffering with kidney stones and they did not have an infusion set. We bought one for her as we had to make the trip across the street to the farmacia to buy for our friend. Public health care here is dismal. You frequently see people in the street with deformed limbs from improperly set broken bones. There is just no money for public health. It is a thoroughly depressing situation. Even in the private clinics you have to be careful. My wife worked as a nurse for five years in a clinic and she was told by the doctors to wash the used latex gloves with soap and water and hang them up to dry for use the next day.
Is this the same country that Pichardo and Nals talk about? :surprised

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
While these are certainly scary scenarios, especially the possibility that some items are being used on multiple patient, dont assume things at home are "perfect" in the infection-control department.

I work in a two very large hospitals and have worked in others....I always say I will stick to being on this side and NEVER would want to be a patient.:ermm: