Sosua apartment wanted for January?

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Greetings,

I'm looking to rent an apartment in the Sosua area...I'd like the RD 8000-9000 price range if possible, 1 or 2 bedrooms. Preferably with hot water, 24 hour power, and a kitchen. It would be a "longer term" rental of 3 months or more, beginning in January 2010. Any advice appreciated. Thank you in advance.

KikoPresidente

Mar 20, 2009
I have to agree with Tamborista... Very low price range and asking for alot for a month well under 300. Hell if you find this place.. let me know! IMHO your looking at a minimum of $500 17000-18000RD for only a one month rental with those amenities.

Love Peace Chicken Grease!

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Greetings,

I'm looking to rent an apartment in the Sosua area...I'd like the RD 8000-9000 price range if possible, 1 or 2 bedrooms. Preferably with hot water, 24 hour power, and a kitchen. It would be a "longer term" rental of 3 months or more, beginning in January 2010. Any advice appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I can't see you getting an 1/2 bedroomed apartment with all your requirements for less than US$600/month+: recession or no recession.
24 hr power at the moment is a "luxury" that most DR1'ers would kill for and has to be paid for at a premium. If an agent's commission, A/C and the latest rise in the cost of electric are involved then it would be cheaper (personally) to keep an apartment closed, breaker switch off, and wait for a long term renter; than make next to nothing on an $RD8000 rent: I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this. To me, 3 months is not a long term rental, no matter what the economic climate is.

IMHO.

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Last edited:

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Thank you for the replies. I'm sorry but I have to disagree a bit, 10,000 per month is considered "high" for Sosua...I also will probably need 6-12 months rather than just 3 (I mentioned 3 months or more).
I also mentioned the Sosua "area", thus that includes Sosua Abajo, Charamicos, etc...
I currently have all those things and more for $490/month...but I do not wish to continue to pay that high rent, I need to reduce my monthly expenses. So yes it is quite possible to pay less than $600/month for such things...

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
With respect, 10000 pesos = $US 280 That is VERY low for Sosua, if it were not you would probably be having less trouble finding a place.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
I agree it would be low for a (tourist) hotel, but that's not what I'm really looking for. I'm not having trouble finding a place, I haven't even started to really look (I've got a few months to find something). There are many places available in Sosua, it seems the whole town is for rent or for sale...without any takers.
Ask a Dominican if 10K is "low" for rent here...without exception they will answer that it is quite high, especially since the average Domincian male earns about 8K each month. I know of foreigners paying that or less as well.
I know of 2 bedroom apartments in Sosua Abajo (however without the modern amenities) for 5000 pesos per month (and many other places)...believe me 8-9000 is quite reasonable for what I'm searching.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You seem to have it all under control, I am not sure why you started this thread in the first place? You are targeting the wrong audience. Very few owners/renters on this site fit your socioeconomic parameters of life in a RD5,000/month barrio dwelling.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
OK fine, excuse me for posting then...I didn't think it would hurt to try. Thanks anyway.