Festival de Palos 2009

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
I went to this festival on Friday night. There were international groups playing, but unfortunately the event was a little un-organized and not very well promoted. I couldn't find a schedule of who was playing when anywhere, they could have at least made a big sign and a few announcements. There wasn't a big crowd either, too bad. They could also make it more festival-like by selling artisan wares. I think it was sponsored by the Sec. of Culture, so maybe there were some minor "weaknesses" going on.

It is worth checking out if you plan on coming to or passing through Barahona around this time next year. If you can find out when it is!

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I went to this festival on Friday night. There were international groups playing, but unfortunately the event was a little un-organized and not very well promoted. I couldn't find a schedule of who was playing when anywhere, they could have at least made a big sign and a few announcements. There wasn't a big crowd either, too bad. They could also make it more festival-like by selling artisan wares. I think it was sponsored by the Sec. of Culture, so maybe there were some minor "weaknesses" going on.

It is worth checking out if you plan on coming to or passing through Barahona around this time next year. If you can find out when it is!

I arrived in Barahona around 8:30 pm Friday night and passed el malecon on my way to Bahoruco. I saw the crowd and the musicians playing and wondered what it was all about, but as you say, it wasn't a traffic stopping event, no big crowds, they didn't even close the street, we drove through without a problem. I've seen the malecon more crowded on a regular saturday night.