credit cards

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Does anyone know where I can get a credit card or a loan here without a cedula??
where are you located???Plenty of lenders here in SD,about 5% a week with no security.If you have security,car,house,etc,about 35% a year.
bob

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Does anyone know where I can get a credit card or a loan here without a cedula??

I have to assume that without a cedula, you've not got a job here, and hence would struggle to provide verifiable proof of income.

You'd need a Dominican/full resident to be your fiador, but yes, it can be done. Whether you can find a Dominican/resident to countersign your debts...... thats up to you.

You can also take savings backed loans, but if you have the money to save, then I suppose you'd spend it. I never really saw the point in those....

Banco Leon do prepay credit cards too.

Otherwise, as others have said, plenty sharks will lend you money.....

And 35% per year for a loan?! Take a look at credit cards...8% a month. 100% a year!!

Reactions: Black Dog

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
yes i have a job here but no cedula. Banco popular have like a prepaid credit card, which is absolutely no good to me. I just need a regular credit card. Would any of the other banks offer this?

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
yes i have a job here but no cedula. Banco popular have like a prepaid credit card, which is absolutely no good to me. I just need a regular credit card. Would any of the other banks offer this?

Ok, you're working, which makes you a legal resident, but you have no cedula?....

Or you're an overseas contractor working in the country temporarily...

Or you're working below the radar....

Any one, you haven't got a cat in hells chance a bank will lend you money as you're a risk. What holds you here? what stops you doing a runner after running up debts?? You're talking about unsecured debt here, which is very difficult to obtain even if you have the perfect payment record, track record with the bank etc.....

FYI Credit search is run on a cedula number. No chance.

Jan 17, 2009
Truth is that not even with a cedula you can get a credit card easily. My husband has a cedula, owns a business which includes land, has a US Government pension, and the only way to get a credit card here was to set up a savings account as security. The very same thing just happened to a friend of us a few days ago. He put up the 1,000 dollars deposit they wanted, but that was not enough, they also want a couple of references of people who know him. In my view, absurd.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Especially when you consider the rate of 8% a month is not risk rated, its the rate that a person of good standing would paym.

The banks here are reasonably well rated and need to remain so to ensure their profits, won't lend unless they know its a virtual sure thing. Sad but true. If the US/UK had followed this model however, the rest of the world wouldn't be in such a mess.....

If the OP asked anyone on here for money, even at 100%, I'm sure they'd turn him down, never mind a bank with their S&P rating to worry about.