Call centre Puerto Plata

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I was recently working for a call centre in Puerto Plata, I wont say the name on here, but it you PM i gladly will tell you..
Anyway, we got paid a fixed salary and commissions after that. I wasnt making enough leads, which is fair enough since im not born to be a call person. So he fires me in te most pathetic way....not very professional at all!

Anyway, he owed me my last week's wage and the commissions. He would never answer my calls or emails. It got to the point where i had to find where he lived and go to his house and wait for the money. Even then he didnt pay me all he owed me.

And now when its a month after i was fired, i email to ask for the money still owed to me and he decides that now the leads were not good enough and he wont be paying me. Im sure this guy is just going to pocket the money, since he does not have a very good track record.

So if anyone is looking at working at a call centre in Puerto Plata, please message me and i will tell you this guys name and company so that you dont get screwed over by this greedy, sly man.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Not having a cedula or residencia I take it there is no legal action you can take against your former employer?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
You can take all the legal action you want, lack of residency is not a factor in determining your legal rights as an employee.

However, commissions are generally paid after some kind of quality control or even payment from the end client is received. Since you have no way to prove that your work met the quality standards, and indeed they did deem your work to be sufficiently poor that they fired you, its going to be difficult to get your commissions from the labor board.

web

Nov 5, 2005
Did the call center give you an outline of the expectation going in of how many leads you were suposed to be getting? Were there other telemarketers there getting leads the same as you or more? You said you were you getting a base pay, what prompted you to be fired then? How many leads were you getting? You stated you were not born to be a call person so why pursue a job as a telemarketer? I hear this kind of story all the time about call centers. Typically they will hire say maybe 50 agents and weed out the poor producers and maybe end up with 10 or so good ones if they are lucky.

TXgirl2017

May 8, 2017
Name

I am unable to message you, but my husband is looking for a call center job in Puerto Plata. Do you mind messaging me which one this is so he doesn't go to work there.

Thanks.

I was recently working for a call centre in Puerto Plata, I wont say the name on here, but it you PM i gladly will tell you..
Anyway, we got paid a fixed salary and commissions after that. I wasnt making enough leads, which is fair enough since im not born to be a call person. So he fires me in te most pathetic way....not very professional at all!

Anyway, he owed me my last week's wage and the commissions. He would never answer my calls or emails. It got to the point where i had to find where he lived and go to his house and wait for the money. Even then he didnt pay me all he owed me.

And now when its a month after i was fired, i email to ask for the money still owed to me and he decides that now the leads were not good enough and he wont be paying me. Im sure this guy is just going to pocket the money, since he does not have a very good track record.

So if anyone is looking at working at a call centre in Puerto Plata, please message me and i will tell you this guys name and company so that you dont get screwed over by this greedy, sly man.