Air Conditioner repairer...problems recommended person

Status
Not open for further replies.

tish

Mar 10, 2007
I live in Santiago and need to repair an air conditioner, cheaply. Can anybody recommend someone?

Thanks,

Tish

Feb 7, 2007
What part is damaged - the console or the compressor? The compressor might be easier to repair, the console would be harder - it has an integrated circuit and those are prone to be damaged by voltage surges here in the DR.

tish

Mar 10, 2007
What part is damaged - the console or the compressor? The compressor might be easier to repair, the console would be harder - it has an integrated circuit and those are prone to be damaged by voltage surges here in the DR.

I don't know what part is damaged. It runs off of propane, which is located on the roof of our property. There is power, but the air is luke warm.

tish

Mar 10, 2007

It's the compressor that's damaged. I've been quoted 2600 to repair it. Is that a good price?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
It's the compressor that's damaged. I've been quoted 2600 to repair it. Is that a good price?

Depends....
1-How old is the air conditioner? if it is not too old, it is worthy....
2-How much will cost a new one?
3-Does he garanty his work?

also, you can ask for a discount....but

If it is a split air conditioner and not too old and he is going to do a good job, I think is a very good price.....

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Depends....
1-How old is the air conditioner? if it is not too old, it is worthy....
2-How much will cost a new one?
3-Does he garanty his work?

also, you can ask for a discount....but

If it is a split air conditioner and not too old and he is going to do a good job, I think is a very good price.....

The air conditioner is second hand. I have no idea how old it is. We bought it second hand this time last year. I'll ask him if he guarantees his work. He's charging 2800 not 2600 for a new compressor. We bought the AC for 8000.

Tish

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The air conditioner is second hand. I have no idea how old it is. We bought it second hand this time last year. I'll ask him if he guarantees his work. He's charging 2800 not 2600 for a new compressor. We bought the AC for 8000.

Tish
If it is a second hand that is not a good idea to invest any more money on it.

There are "NEW WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER" for $7,500.00...If your room is not too big I would recomend you to buy a new one.....and with cash you can get between 10% or 15% discount..... my masagist just bought one for that mentioned price and she went thru the same, she had a second hand damaged split air conditioner and she was quoted $5,000.00 to fix it, she decided to get a new one...(window)

tish

Mar 10, 2007
If it is a second hand that is not a good idea to invest any more money on it.

There are "NEW WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER" for $7,500.00...If your room is not too big I would recomend you to buy a new one.....and with cash you can get between 10% or 15% discount..... my masagist just bought one for that mentioned price and she went thru the same, she had a second hand damaged split air conditioner and she was quoted $5,000.00 to fix it, she decided to get a new one...(window)

I don't want to damage our windows for an air conditioner. They're nice windows.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I don't want to damage our windows for an air conditioner. They're nice windows.
I don't know what kind of windows you have, but do you need to damage them to instal an a/c...

Tish:
Who is charging you $2,800.00?
Is that the guy who fixed my ref?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If it is a good a/c and he guarantees his work go for it.... I will offer him $2,000.00 and see what happens.....

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Yes, it's the guy you referred. I've already given him the money to go buy it and he's returning tomorrow morning to install it. He's left his ladder here, which is worth the same amount. He's doing some other small jobs around the house too. The ac hasn't been working for over a year and I got fed up waiting around for my husband to find somebody to fix it.

We have those windows that slide open from the side. We had a window ac in our previous house and had to changed it for the one we have now, because we didn't want to break the window.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Yes, it's the guy you referred. I've already given him the money to go buy it and he's returning tomorrow morning to install it. He's left his ladder here, which is worth the same amount. He's doing some other small jobs around the house too. The ac hasn't been working for over a year and I got fed up waiting around for my husband to find somebody to fix it.

We have those windows that slide open from the side. We had a window ac in our previous house and had to changed it for the one we have now, because we didn't want to break the window.

tish: He did a great job...my ref is working fine and the price was incredible....
He was very honest, decent and professional guy with me...I wish you the best...please let us know about your experience....

I understand your point about the windows....you are right....

tish

Mar 10, 2007
Your referral is great. He's completed the repairs and has come across another problem with our electricity. He's back again tomorrow to sort out our electricity cables. Yes, I find him professional and honest too.

Thanks Lucille.

Tish

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I also have a problem with an air conditioning unit - again it works but is not blowing cold air. We are close to Sabaneta so does anyone know a reliable repair person in our area please?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I had our air purchased and installed by Linares in Cabarete. They say they will repair if anything goes wrong. They may have repairmen that they could send to your place. I would give them a call to see if they do these kinds of repairs. Sorry I don't have their number but they have come through for me on several occasions. Far more responsive now than previously.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I also have a problem with an air conditioning unit - again it works but is not blowing cold air. We are close to Sabaneta so does anyone know a reliable repair person in our area please?

whirleybird: My technician lives in Moca and he comes to Santiago to work, maybe he can go to your place...
Give him a call and find out ....
Jose Miguel 809-842-7226 cel.

Status
Not open for further replies.