Marc Anthony in concert (santiago)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Famous puerto rican salsa / balada singer will be performing in Arena de ciabo (santiago) august 14th. Tickets are on sale now.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
tickets are normally sold, 1000 to 5000 pesos / head. I am told the 5000 pesos tickets are worth the money as you get to see the show up close. This is small arena so the place will fill up quickly. I might buy the 5K ticket. Marc anthony is worth it.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Why is marc anthony doing a show in such a small place in santiago? I mean he can fill up giant sized stadiums, so why arena de ciabo? Could it be that he is also shooting a movie in santiago and maybe the concert is part of the film?
AZB

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Arena del Cibao its a nice cool place now after the goverment re-build the place inside and outside, I always go there during the local baskeball season and it almost feel like an NBA arena, so I could see why Marc Anthony would want to sing there.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
hes not made a record since 2006 - one might call him a has been

His band is bloody brilliant though - especially the brass section.

He is a bit of a ponce if you ask me but admittedly he is a talented singer.
Even my mum likes him - which means I am theoretically too cool to like him.

If he sticks to the salsa - no worries.
If he starts crooning about love with his odious ballads it is time to throw rotten tomatoes and leave.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Supposedly the VIP/VIP Plus tickets get you closer seats... and drinks delivered to your seat. But drinks not included included in price.

Anyone know for certain the difference between VIP & VIP Plus other than segregating the elite from the masses?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Supposedly the VIP/VIP Plus tickets get you closer seats... and drinks delivered to your seat. But drinks not included included in price.

Anyone know for certain the difference between VIP & VIP Plus other than segregating the elite from the masses?

You get a better angle of attack with your rotten tomatoes in the expensive seats.

pdfbq

Jul 28, 2009
Can one buy tickets online somehwhere?
I'm not in Santiago now. Tourista... but would love to visit the concert

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I saw marc anthony as part of a concert with ricardo arjona and some regaton group (winsel or something).

I'm a huge Marc Anthony fan, and was very excited to see him perform. In the end I was disappointed, I didn't think his part of the concert was that good. Ricardo Arjona was good though.

There's no way I'd pay RD$5000+ to go see Marc Anthony after that. But I'd go in the cheap seats.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
too bad they postponed it

I have seen him live about 4 times.

I just saw him this past week at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.

He was worth every penny.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Show was cancelled and suppsedly postponed till next month. However, the media is stating that he didn't perform because he didn't get paid the money he was asking for.