Dealing with tourists from other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawawoman

Jul 27, 2009
We have been to Punta Cana many times (and honeymooned in Greece) and seem to always have problems with German tourists. Let me also state that I used to work at a 5 start hotel in the United States. My question ... why do German tourists think they can reserve lounge chairs all day? Our rules (at the hotel) were, abandoned chair for more than 1/2 hour get cleared off. Do other hotels (or countries) have similar rules? I'm frustrated to go on vacation and never be able to sit down on a chair without someone yelling at me and chasing me.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
If a towel is on a sun bed for more than 2 hours and nobody returns, fold the towel neatly and drag the chair away! If anyone comes and complains, smile and refer them to the management!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
arent they trying to ban British tourists from some GReek isles because they say they are the most drunken promiscuous tourists (me made spelling errors)

If a towel is on a sun bed for more than 2 hours and nobody returns, fold the towel neatly and drag the chair away! If anyone comes and complains, smile and refer them to the management!

I always found them very amusing when I stay at an all inclusive,out there poolside at 6-6:30 am placing towels on chairs and going back to bed. I like to take their towels back to my room :) so I have a few nice blue beach towels in my apt, or take the towels and pile them up next to the towel hut near the pool. I then go back to bed and come out about 10-11 to see them fighting with the other tourists in their alledged chairs. ;)
Try it you will get some satisfaction.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
German tourists???? How bout living with German expats!!!

But in all cultures, there are good & bad ones, so I won't lump 'em all!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I always found them very amusing when I stay at an all inclusive,out there poolside at 6-6:30 am placing towels on chairs and going back to bed. I like to take their towels back to my room :) so I have a few nice blue beach towels in my apt, or take the towels and pile them up next to the towel hut near the pool. I then go back to bed and come out about 10-11 to see them fighting with the other tourists in their alledged chairs. ;)

We all know you did not set your alarm clock for 6AM to reserve your beach chair BP, you must have had "down time" between the lovely Miss Moca and Miss Bonao!
:bunny:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
C'mon Ricardo they have some really good restaurants and some of them are pretty good guys. Some are a little difficult and think they are still fighting WWII still. ;)

Hahahahaha, you are right about that, you definitely know more than I do, so I won't even start on the French Canadians:paranoid: or the secretive Russians, lmao. I've had some of the best Snitzel(sp?) in Sosua.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
It's "Schnitzel"! Please don't take the "Sosua Germans" as the representing type of Germans. Actually I never go to Sosua or Bica Chica just to avoid them (and I am german!) :eek:

Hahahahaha, you are right about that, you definitely know more than I do, so I won't even start on the French Canadians:paranoid: or the secretive Russians, lmao. I've had some of the best Snitzel(sp?) in Sosua.

Ok lets stay away from those French Canadians,Other Canadians hate them too. The Russians are OK, they stay to themselves and really don't bother anyone except when they play Texas hold'em in Playa Chiquita and think its called go all in every hand!!!!

Millesa

Jun 22, 2009
The Germans have been reserving lounge chairs forever - I actually think they're taught this in school ;) You'll just have to get over it!
I've met loads of lovely Germans all over the world. The ones bugging me the most have always been the loud Americans (not saying they're ALL like that)! But hey, that's just my opinion :)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I think it is fair to say that tourists hailing from various countries all have their idiosyncracies...

Yes, I am sure it is annoying for those whom it affects...may just be time to get out of the AI's;)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
uh ...did they leave towels on beach chairs ?
they used to be very gay friendly....what else did they do ?

whatever !

Status
Not open for further replies.